NIKE Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.9

Nike Woman's Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

They want to know you and your prior experience. Asked some questions that leads into shadowing someone to know what your job would be like. They were nice enough to let me know that they hired someone else and would be interested in future openings.

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

I had a phone interview that went great and then had a face to face panel interview for the position. The interview team seemed not to know what occupational safety and risk management were really about, almost as if they were hiring for the wrong position. I don't know if the disconnect was caused by trying to manage a company that doesn't have US production (or very limited) or what, but they seemed very disconnected with real issues and more interested in selling ideas with no meat behind them. They had a difficult time answering my questions back at them. They were very friendly during the interview.

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

Quick, easy, great people. Nothing unexpected. The phone scan asked about why you love Nike and why you love sports. Since this is a procurement role, there was a mini application/case question on how you would handle pricing materials. The interview day at the head quarters was unbelievable. You get to work out and tour the campus then have interviews. There are plenty of opportunities to network with the current analysts and ask any questions you want. The attire is Nike casual. Everyone wore polos, pants and nike tennis shoes.

Interview Questions

• Know how to do basic excel tasks like weighted averages, data sorting, at charts/graphs   1 Answer

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Very informal. Was a bit difficult to talk about the position and by background as interview was more interested in why Nike, passion, and personality. The interview consisted of talking more about the company. Be prepared and do your homework on why you want to be there.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied while in business school. Of the 30 people in our cohort who applied, I was one of about 5 who got interviews.
    First interview - pretty straightforward with on campus representative/recruiter. Basic questions, why Nike, what sets you apart. This person was not able to answer much in the way of questions around the internship itself - scope, areas of focus, how many rounds of interview process, etc.

I moved on to 2nd round, which was video interviewing. Timed video interviews during which you have < 3 minutes to answer each question. It's recorded. There are no do-overs a d you cannot re-record. It was one of my least favourite interview methods since it's very impersonal and a little glitchy.

I did not make it to the 3rd round. From what I understand from 2 classmates who did, it consisted of 5 total rounds. Neither of them got the internship, including in person interviews and phone interviews with various departments.

I recommend not pursuing an internship with Nike this way, and instead pursuing informational interviews and temp assignments. Much higher success rate for everyone who applied for Nike roles in our MBA class.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you lead a team through a difficult time   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

After passing the resume screening, Nike recruiter called to set up an one on one interview with a hiring manager. The hiring manager took time to explain the job responsibility and did a normal job interview. Next step is a panel interview with related teams.

Interview Questions

• Go through your experience, your strength and weakness, communication methods with groups and senior management.   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with the Engineering Manager, the team lead, and a Product Owner from another team. There was to have been a follow on interview with a panel of Engineering Managers and another team member. I asked if I'd be able to meet the team and was told that's not part of their process.

Interview Questions

• Since there would be no Product Owner on this team I was asked how I would compensate for that. There were several questions around this as well as around how to deal with interruptions from the business and how to deal with team members moving in and out of the team. Additionally, they asked questions about user story elaboration and Agile process improvement.   1 Answer

It was clear to me that this situation would be chaotic involving long hours and extensive process variance. While the panel seemed nice and well-meaning, they were not staffed to actually be an Agile team. I've been in the spot before with Nike and found it not only unworkable but the environment seemed heedless of certain basic human needs on the team.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

two phone calls, 1 first with the hiring manager of the position asking questions about where i see myself in 5 years, my management experience, my overlap with the group i was interviewing for, then a subsequent phone interview with HR asking behavioral/situational questions and minimum salary expected out of the role
    interviewing on campus was all day, panel interview followed by campus tour, lunch with hiring manager, and then two 1 on 1 interviews

Interview Questions

• What's one way you've tried to influence a peer when you were not in a position of direct authority? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Why Nike? What are some strategies you employ when you're stressed out and overwhelmed? How do you respond to losing?   Answer Question

Content Specialist (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

I met with two people from the Global team at the main Nike campus. They were both very friendly and fairly casual. It was a very non-traditional interview, as we just chatted about the job and my background - they didn't ask a lot of specific or stereotypical interview questions. The downside was that it was difficult to bring my specific experience or skills into the conversation in a natural way.

Interview Questions

• Would you be bored or unsatisfied with doing a limited range of tasks compared to your current position?   Answer Question

Help Desk Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Talk to someone from staffing, do in person interview, schedule another interview. Very hard to get in touch with management to schedule a second interview time. No one answered email or phone at all. So I started scheduling other things instead of with them as a result of them not really making up their mind or being un contactable. Currently I may have other offers but its hard to work with managers that don't follow up if they need employees.

Interview Questions

• What type of skills do you have?   1 Answer