NIKE Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NIKE Project Manager Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nikep, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Nikep, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

First I had an informational phone interview, then was called in for a panel interview that asks situational questions and looks for strong example. There were 4 people in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What inspires you and where do you gain your inspiration?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NIKE

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIKE.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a couple days later by a recruiter. Did a phone interview with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager a couple days later. Two weeks later I went onsite and did a panel interview with the hiring manager and two other members of the team. The panel interview was difficult but not overwhelming. Each panel member had a couple of prepared questions and they went around the table asking their scripted questions. The questions were about my background, examples of past experiences and hypothetical situations. The panel session lasted about one hour. All of the team members were extremely personable. Overall it was a very enjoyable interview process.

It was after the interview that things got strange...

A few hours after the interview I received confirmation from recruiter that they wanted to make me an offer. I was asked what I was looking for in terms of salary and I told them what I made currently. It was the same number as I told the recruiter in the initial interview so it shouldn't have come as a surprise. Recruiter sent me a benefits package and said would get back to me.

Couple days and then weeks went by and I did not hear anything about the status. Finally I was able to chase down recruiter to find out what happened and then was told position was pulled. Very little detail was provided. It was all very odd since I had already been told they wanted to make an offer.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were the "tell me about a time" questions. I don't remember any specifics but I remember they really wanted to know how you handled yourself in certain types of situations historically.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview to discuss position. Then received a callback and did an in person interview. Was interviewed for one hour, questions were asked about why I would be an asset. I was asked about my hobbies and flexibility.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE.

Interview

If you know people in Nike, you have a better chance of being considered for a position. You must fit the job requirements very closely. Phone interview and then panel interview. The panel interview tends to have 3-4 managers/directors. There may be other meetings/interviews with other team members to see if you are a fit with the team.

Interview Questions

• Nike uses behavioral questions that apply directly with the core competencies for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

Took about 1 month. First, answered about 10 questions about specific experience via Word. Then, one interview with the 'team' and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you used influence without authority over an individual to get them to change what they were doing.   Answer Question

Too low salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in March 2010.

Interview

15 minute interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Asked about an example of how I would conduct a project.   1 Answer
    • There was no second question.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIKE in May 2012.

Interview

It was a 30 min phone interview. The person who interviewed me was so kind and treated me with courtesy. She asked me about my work experience, my soft skills and some other personal and professional questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a previous bad experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NIKE in July 2008.

Interview

Tests for IQ, group discussion, group collaboration and then 1:1 interview.

Project-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilversum (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NIKE (Hilversum (Netherlands)).

Interview

Eerste communicatie was tijdig, 1e interview, telefonisch, volgde kort daarna. Gewoon algemene dingen: wie ben je, wat is je achtergrond, je CV en werkervaring, wat kriebelt je, en waar zie je jezelf in de toekomst. Tweede interview was ter plekke.

Interview Questions

• "Hoe zou je onderhandelen over een contract met een leverancier". Rare vraag, omdat 1) ik dat nooit eerder heb hoeven doen als Project Manager en 2) Nike heeft een aparte inkoopafdeling die zoverdat ik weet omgaan met contracten en onderhandelingen.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Geen onderhandeling, ik heb het aanbod geaccepteerd (duh)