NIKE Senior Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NIKE Senior Project Manager Interview Questions

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NIKE in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process starts with the phone interview and then the panel interview. Nike team asked very specific questions related to job. It was a contract job. The hiring decision was made fairly quick. Sorry, I do not have much more to add. ..................................

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NIKE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

Contractor- two phone screens- then interview prep. Phone screen with Nike, phone interview with Nike, panel interview on site with four people with question lists in front of them. Technical, cultural and leadership questions. Grueling process. Focus is on how flexible you must be, able to network and hit the ground running. All positive feedback, but pulls back in the end to make sure you really have no idea if they like you, all appeared slightly full of themselves. Highly competitive market.

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

To start off with, the interview process is long. It took a couple of months, I'm assuming due to scheduling, etc.
    - I applied online, I was called about two weeks after I applied
    - Phone screen with recruiter
    - 1:1 phone interview with hiring manager
    - 1:1 phone interview with panel
    - Day of on-site interview consisting of multiple panels, lunch and campus tour
    - They called within 2 days to let me know an offer was coming
    - The actual offer came almost 1-2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• - Standard Project Management questions
      - "Tell me about a project that did not go well"
      - "Tell me about a project that went off the rails - how did you get it back on track"
      - Lots of questions about how you communicate
      - Why Nike   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

It was weird. After one phone screen with a recruiter I had a lunch meeting with 6 Nike employees that would later be my coworkers. Lunch was brought into a conference room and they interviewed me for about a half hour. In the end, my "senior level" management job would have been much better for me when I was straight out of college. An intern could have easily done it.

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

I was located in California so got a couple phone interviews from the recruiter and manager. Then a Skype panel followed by being flown out for a live panel with the leadership team. Overall they asked pretty basic PM questions on how i would handle schedules, conflicts, etc. Mostly checking if you would be a culture fit

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in May 2013.

Interview

Got a phone call after posting to the position. ! was eventually brought in two months later to speak to a panel. Situational-based interview. It was another two months before I was finally called in to speak to the interview panel. I have to say I really wasn't too impressed with them - it was obvious from their questions they hadn't bothered to read my resume - just wanted to know who I thought was the best team or athelete!

Interview Questions

• Basic questions which really surprised me considering the position they wanted to fill.
      Tell us something about yourself
      Why are you interested in joining Nike?
      What makes you better than the rest of the candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by an in-person interview panel consisting of PMO Director and Service Delivery Manager. I Was given a work scenario and had to demonstrate how basic project management techniques provide value to internal customers. I also had to develop an example method I would use to approach senior level management when their assistance would be needed.

Interview Questions

• How do you get a difficult customer to sign off on something when everyone before you failed to get a final okay on something the customer requested and does not want to pay for??   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - offer was presented with a "take it or leave it" attitude. In hindsight I ought to have just left it.

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in May 2012.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me about a position and setup an initial phone screening with a department manager. This interview lasted about 30 minutes and was mainly general questions about my work experience. Once passed, they contacted me back for a face to face interview with 2 managers. Again, it was a very typical interview, with questions about my past, what I am looking for, and how I may handle a few difficult situations. Overall, I have interviewed with many different groups at Nike and have found they are more interested in how you will fit as a person than your super skills. Of course they want a competent person as well.

Interview Questions

• Our project process is broken. We are the testing team. We are falling behind, and we don't have enough resources to keep up and we cannot afford to bring on more resources. The development team keeps throwing more work at us and changes. What would you do to fix the situation.   2 Answers

Negotiation

They offered a rate initially through my contractor and I accepted based on the original rate. I did not negotiate as a contractor.