NISA Investment Advisors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NISA Investment Advisors Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

3.5

Derivatives Analyst Interview

Interview

Three phone interviews over the course of three weeks. Asked basic questions about the bond market and my resume. Interviews were all very relaxed and casual, but process for interviewing was extremely disorganized and it would take multiple days to set up single phone calls. No contact after third phone interview, overall a very negative experience.

Fixed Income and Derivatives Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NISA Investment Advisors (Clayton, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Had two phone interviews over the course of two weeks or so. Was then invited to Saint Louis for a round of inperson interviews at there office in Clayton. I had 5 interviews with two people in each over the course of about 3 hours. Overall nice and laid back people. Very nice office with Gym and full kitchen. No contact for almost a month after in person round, then got a letter in the mail saying there not offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Everyone asks a Duration and Convexity question. Also got grilled on statistics by one guy   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NISA Investment Advisors (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through University CSO. First round interview on-campus about 2 weeks after application. Interview consisted of both behavioral and technical questions. I was told I would be moving on to the next round on the spot.

Final round interview at the St. Louis location. Consisted of 3 interviews back-to-back-to-back.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NISA Investment Advisors in August 2016.

Interview

A phone interview, followed by an onsite interview with different supervisors from all operations departments meeting for about 30 minutes with each, and a final interview shadowing employees in each department. I enjoyed meeting and shadowing current employees because it gave a great sense of the office culture, daily tasks and provided a platform to ask informal questions. Everyone I met was very nice and helpful.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NISA Investment Advisors.

Interview

Easy interview process. Overbearing amount of the same questions from different people. Also, make sure you get respectable interviewers. Waste of time going through 4 interviews. Does not provide interview feedback. Hourly pay.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NISA Investment Advisors (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then flew me in to meet with 15 people for the 2nd set of interviews. I flew in the night before and met with 15 people the next day. The whole day was a grind meeting with so many people in one day.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NISA Investment Advisors.

Interview

The first step was a Phone interview, after this there was another phone interview which required some research. If you make it through both of those then there is an interview on location.

Trading Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NISA Investment Advisors.

Interview

30 minute phone call as I was not able to travel to St. Louis for the first meeting. The phone call was run by two employees and asked a services of Bond questions and general knowledge questions along with the traditional gambit of skills and past experience.

Round two was an all day affair in the St. Louis offices. Interviewed by each group within the operations department. Each interview was around 25 minutes and these were more about team skills and developed skills learned over the years.

Then came shadowing where I sat at the desk of several employees while they showed me what they did, pretty self explanatory they just want to know what position you would be the most interested in.

Interview Questions

• Bond duration, convexity, team experience, finance experience, leadership experience.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NISA Investment Advisors.

Interview

One phone interview with a recruiter followed by three on-site interviews with current employees. They then asked what group I wanted to be in and I later had a placement phone call discussing what group I saw myself as a I fit in.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NISA Investment Advisors (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

First step was a phone interview where I was quizzed on general fixed income concepts, such as duration, convexity, investment comparisons etc.

The second interview took place at the office with multiple two employee teams. Followed by a third day of interviewing with shadowing and interviews with a wide range of employees, managers, and HR personnel.

Interview Questions

• Explain how the duration of a AAA bond compares to that of a BBB bond.   Answer Question