NORCAL Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at NORCAL Mutual Insurance

Sort:

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NORCAL Mutual Insurance (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview and formal interview. The people that I interviewed with genuinely love the company. I didn't get the job but it seems like a great place to work

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NORCAL Mutual Insurance (Harrisburg, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Two Intense face to face interviews. The first interview was with vice president and manager and second interview was with three individuals. All asked appropriate questions. Experience was helpful, good verbal communication skills and confidence were helpful. As a medical malpractice claims specialist, the ability to handles oneself under a stressful situation was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Can I make presentations to board of physicians, medical groups etc. Can I attend trials and negotiate with judges etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was over the phone. This I felt was important as it demonstrated my experience in negotiation skills.

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NORCAL Mutual Insurance (Austin, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online, within 1 week scheduled a phone interview. During the initial screening the recruiter asked very pointed and sometimes rude questions. I felt uncomfortable and chose to end the interview.

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NORCAL Mutual Insurance (Mechanicsburg, PA).

Interview

3 separate phone calls, two in person interviews on site, and then orientation at the HQ location

Informal interviews with direct reporting staff plus senior mgmt and two relevant co-workers. Basic questions about background, history, skill set, and what I can contribute to the organization. My position was created there wasn't as much rigor and organization as many other interviews I've participated in the past

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you'll be successful at this job.
      Tell me why you'll be a good fit for the NORCAL culture.   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NORCAL Mutual Insurance in April 2009.

Interview

There were 3 interviews with about 9 different people for this position. It was an intensive but pleasant experience

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NORCAL Mutual Insurance (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied for the position online through Indeed, had a phone screening, then had an in person interview. Once an offer was made, then they performed a background check, including checking my references. Very easy process.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience in the industry, what types of accounts I've handled in the past.   Answer Question