NORDAM Interview Questions in Tulsa, OK | Glassdoor

4.0

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NORDAM (Tulsa, OK) in April 2016.

Interview

My interviewing experience was very much like the posted ‘Material and Process Engineer II’ interview there are definite similarities.

There were three interviewers: one was a director, one was a manager, and the other would have been a co-worker. The director mentioned that the company is privately held and that the ownership is heavily involved so I think it’s safe to conclude that this behavior is driven from the top.

I had a direction that I wanted to go but after my introduction and summary of my qualifications the manager took over with many questions almost all of which I enjoyed answering. When the co-worker began it seemed clear that this person was out to prove that because I had not worked in the same role in an aero-structures company before I was unfit for the job. This person drew conclusions about what I said and made statements that put me on the defensive about what I had said and my previous experiences. I new when I heard these statements I would not be hired I only wish I would have stood up and left at that point. I sometimes forget that I am interviewing the company as much as they are interviewing me.

If you decide to interview there be sure to be ready for an attack that your experience is worthless and would be of little value to their organization.

I believe this is the most negative interview I have ever had and I would rather be unemployed than work there. I would never waste my time with Nordam again.

Interview Questions

• 'It seems that your work experiences were more static and ours is more dynamic.'   1 Answer

Material and Process Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NORDAM (Tulsa, OK) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process occurs over 2 or more months time. First you get a phone interview and then they wait about a month to 6 weeks to set up a visit interview. Then they fly you out at an ungodly hour in the early, early, early morning and after flying for several hours and driving yourself to the company; they do not greet you when you get to the company. In fact I was made to wait for 45 minutes after having been up since 2:30 that morning. Then they interview you at lunch time, but never offer you even a cup of coffee. This was the most unprofessional way I have ever been treated in an interview over my entire career, which has been over 30 years of working.

Interview Questions

• The first question I was asked by a team of 3 employee interviewers was, "What do you think this job would be?" Because I had studied the job description, I could give a pretty decent answer; but at NO point do they ever describe any aspect of the job to you. Two of the interviewers were OK, but the third guy grilled me to an inch of my life. He even asked me what a certain acronym was for a particular industry organization and one of the other interviewing employees said that "even he didn't know what those letters stood for." I was not offered a plant tour after traveling several hundred miles and I had to ask for one.

I might add after over a 2 months process of applying an interviewing I was turned down for the job and the explanation I got from my recruiter was that Nordam felt that I had the academic background, knowledge and theory to do the job, but that I didn't fit their "overall requirement." At NO point in two months was I ever given any hint as to what would be required from me - AT NO POINT.

It does seem to me that Nordam did everything in their power to make me miserable for this interview and then they turn me down. Yes, I am bitter; but I was nothing but polite and accommodating throughout the interview process. I even sent thank you e-mails and thank you notes by snail mail to each interviewer.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! DO NOT INTERVIEW WITH THEM!!! You will be wasting your time, I promise. I might add that if Nordam was testing behavior of a person, they went about it through cockeyed methods. A behavioral test would tell them much more than one interviewer making subjective conclusions about someone they forced to have little to no sleep before the interview and didn't offer any hospitality to whatsoever. I wouldn't treat an animal, they way I was treated.   3 Answers

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NORDAM (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

One on campus interview lasting approximately an hour. The questions were behavior-based. However, the questions were a bit awkward, and the interviewers seemed tense and not happy to be there.

Interview Questions

I did not think the company was as friendly as other companies that had offered me a position, nor did the interviewers seem enthusiastic about their jobs at Nordam.

Cost Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NORDAM (Tulsa, OK) in November 2010.

Interview

Interviewed at the NORDAM Repair site. Spoke with three members of accounting department, from clerical staff, to long 5-year tenure professional accounting staff, then spoke with group manager. Small accounting group at NORDAM repair, 8-9 people. Two of the interviewers offered that the office had once had as many as 20 people, but after several years of cutbacks was ready to hire again. Manager was skeptical that I would want to do A/R, collection work, going out of his way to mention that the job involved phone contact with overdue customers. Office was old, drab and grey. A bit dusty. Pretty standard for the front office of a manufacturing outfit, but a big change in environment if you are used to a new or well maintained office building. Interview was held in a windowless, second floor conference room. Interview lasted roughly an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at (previous employer)? What did you learn working there?   Answer Question
    • What do you want to be doing, 5 years from now?   Answer Question