NPD Account Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NPD Account Specialist Interview Questions

2.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Process included a brief phone interview with the recruiter, an in-person interview with the hiring manager (who was an Account Manager) and an Executive Director, a follow up call with a Director, then another in-person which involved taking a test with the hiring manager and speaking with a second Account Manager. After all of this, they decided to promote internally. This is awful business practice, if you are interviewing internally there is no benefit to opening the process to outside candidates. Not only is this a waste of my time, but also a waste of time for the recruiter to post a job description, scan resumes, set up phone interviews, and coordinate in-person interviews, as well wasting the time of those on the team who met with me and then had to meet with each other to discuss the outcome of the interviews internally. It was also apparent that the Director felt this way as well. She seemed completely disinterested during our conversation and it was evident that she had no desire to be speaking with me. After finding out they promoted internally, I'm sure she knew she was wasting her time as well and that explains her (rude) behavior.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in research? I always find it odd when business majors are looking for research roles.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NPD

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NPD in October 2014.

Interview

The HR recruiter reached out to me for a standard phone screening, which was conducted the next day. Typical questions asking why I'm applying for the position, how my experience relates to the posted job responsibilities, etc. Also went over in greater detail the expectations of the position and the type of clientele it would work with on a day-to-day basis. Was told after all of this that the team is currently interviewing candidates and it may be too late to get me in for an interview, but that she would -definitely- get back to me later that day or early the next with an answer from the team on whether or not they wanted to bring me in last-minute. Was taken back by this-- why even call and waste both ends' times with this interview? She did offer to look into similar roles should the team not want to throw a last-minute candidate into the mix, and assured me I'd hear from her about that as well. Followed up the next day via email and, as expected, never heard back. Very unprofessional demeanor and tactic.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience relate to the client-handling responsibilities of this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed process took total of three months. First had a phone screening with Human Resources, then got called into Headquarters in New York for three in person interviews with the Senior Management. I got a call back asking to conduct a presentation of my choice showing my data analytics and presentation skills as it would help understand how comfortable I am acting and presenting in front of C-Level clients. Interviewers interrupted me a few times during the presentation to ask questions and see how well I would handle being caught off guard. I was offered the job two weeks later and began work a month after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Rosemont, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Recruiter reached out the same day I applied via LinkedIn. She was pushy from the very first day and I was very uncomfortable talking with her. She had very little flexibility in scheduling the in office interview and called me multiple times a day to schedule it. The in office interview consisted of 3 rounds: 2 with hiring managers and 1 with an HR Representative. The interview was very laid back and generic questions about working style and my background. Afterwards (a week later) I had an interview with the Director over the phone. The managers and director were very nice and easy to talk with - unlike their recruiter.

Interview Questions

Honestly, I just got such a bad feeling from the Recruiter. She was horrible to speak with and that made me nervous to work for a company like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NPD (Rosemont, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

I was scheduled to have a phone interview on a Thursday afternoon. At the scheduled time, I waited for the call. 25 minutes later, the phone rang. The woman who was supposed to be interviewing me told me that she would have to reschedule, as she had just gotten out of a meeting that ran long. She did not apologize, which I found both unusual and rude. We rescheduled for early the next week.

The morning of the rescheduled phone interview arrived and again, I was prepared for the call at the scheduled time. 20 minutes later, the phone rang. Again, the woman did not apologize for being late calling or wasting my time.

She asked me how I was doing and I responded that I was disappointed that she was late calling me again and also that she did not apologize for being late either time. She got defensive and told me that she was sorry she was "a few minutes late" but that "due to the volume of calls that we make" it was unavoidable. I told her that if this is how they treat their candidates, then it makes me wonder how they treat their employees. I thanked her and let her know that I was no longer interested in pursuing a position with her company.

It is truly disappointing to experience the lack of common courtesy and respect afforded to a candidate by this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NPD (Rosemont, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

The initial email communication was fairly prompt and we set up a time for a phone interview. The interviewer was called about 30 minutes late for our interview and didn't bother to apologize. We set up a time to come in for 3 1:1 interviews and everything went very well. None of the questions were hard, and the last person I met with didn't "interview" me at all, it was more of her talking about the job. I left the interview feeling pretty good but I haven't heard back from them dispite emailing thank-you's, and calling and emailing for a resolution. Very disappointed.