NPD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY).

Interview

Typical process - applied online, heard back from a recruiter 2.5 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for the following week. It consisted of the usual phone screening questions and discussion. In-person interviews were scheduled for the following week. For the most part, nothing out of the ordinary. Getting a chance to speak with an executive director was definitely a plus and was very relaxed and conversational.

The location of the office in Port Washington is rather inconvenient limiting commuting options. Also, unfortunately, communication ceases once you are no longer being considered.

Data Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the manager to whom I would be reporting; we for spoke for about 50 minutes. Then 7 days later, an on site interview with 2 persons I'd be working alongside for about 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever optimized or added efficiency to a process?   Answer Question

Data Validation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly involved with four different phone interviews. The flexibility of the doing the interviews by phone was nice. They asked a lot of the basic questions. It was all pretty standard. However, if you want to know the status of your application, the only way to find out is to use their online system. They will not respond to phone calls or follow-up emails about your application status, even after four rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Share a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

First the HR had a phone interview, basically about the education background and things in the resume. Then the manager did the second interview in the phone, I talked about myself and the manager talked about the position, the group and the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NPD in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of basic question surrounding qualifications and experience. A few were behavioral questions, but most were just about why I was interested in the company and the particular position that I applied for. Overall, it was a good experience; however, it took about 3 weeks between the first one screen and then second, which was longer than I anticipated.

Interview Questions

• There was no questions that stood out as difficult, as the process was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Client Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Gainesville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

NPD Group came on campus where they give company presentation and took an interview which was about my background and current education.

I got selected for 2nd round of interviews which I came to know after 3 weeks of follow up in which they never care to reply. I had 4 skype interview scheduled from EVP,VP and Executive directors (all interviews where behavioural or question & answer type). EVP told me about different work location and different work profile. Anyway, All of my interviews went well and they were highly impressed.

One of the interview from 4 interviews didn't happen as HR told me afterwards about that (again unprofessional attitude). I figured out that NPD is very unorganised and laid back etc. type of company (clearly I never want to join). After a week, I followed up for the results in which they replied "no appropriate position at this time"!!!! Like I said before, they don't know what they are doing so the position doesn't exist.

Suggestion - Don't apply for an internship or full time at NPD. You can do better

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Had five skype interview each between half an hour and fifteen minutes. It was not technical. Overall it was an average experience. The interview was not technical. Got response within two days. No idea why I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken any linear regression course?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Odd interviewer. Her heavy accent made her difficult to understand. The interview was very uncomfortable because I had to ask her to repeat the question several times. She seemed very scripted and rote. I was not interested in a second after talking to her. I was brought in for an interview via a referral, and basically the interviewer told me they already had a candidate in mind. It very much like a checkbox interview

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. What are your strengths, walk me through a project you worked on   Answer Question

Account Manager, Client Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Boulder, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online then heard back from HR by phone about 1 month later...
    1. Phone Screener- HR
    2. Phone Interview - Hiring Manager
    3. In Office Interviews (30 mins each) - Hiring Manager, Business Unit's President and Senior Manager
    4. "Analytical Assessment"of POS data was scheduled by HR but it could not take place (HR never sent the data for prior analysis and then presentation/Q&A right after the one-on-one in-person interviews).

Interview Questions

• 1. Do you prefer being a "hunter gatherer" or a "harvester"?
      2. What is an example of research you have done that impacted a client's business?
      3. What is an example of a challenge(s) you faced doing research for a client?
      4. Give three words that describe you?
      5. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied in university career fair and heard back after a month for a on-site interview. The questions are all like do you know the company questions. I thought I behaved well and never heard back ever since. Not even a phone call to tell me I was rejected.