NPD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2017

2.5

Data Validation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly involved with four different phone interviews. The flexibility of the doing the interviews by phone was nice. They asked a lot of the basic questions. It was all pretty standard. However, if you want to know the status of your application, the only way to find out is to use their online system. They will not respond to phone calls or follow-up emails about your application status, even after four rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Share a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

First the HR had a phone interview, basically about the education background and things in the resume. Then the manager did the second interview in the phone, I talked about myself and the manager talked about the position, the group and the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NPD in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of basic question surrounding qualifications and experience. A few were behavioral questions, but most were just about why I was interested in the company and the particular position that I applied for. Overall, it was a good experience; however, it took about 3 weeks between the first one screen and then second, which was longer than I anticipated.

Interview Questions

• There was no questions that stood out as difficult, as the process was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Client Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Gainesville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

NPD Group came on campus where they give company presentation and took an interview which was about my background and current education.

I got selected for 2nd round of interviews which I came to know after 3 weeks of follow up in which they never care to reply. I had 4 skype interview scheduled from EVP,VP and Executive directors (all interviews where behavioural or question & answer type). EVP told me about different work location and different work profile. Anyway, All of my interviews went well and they were highly impressed.

One of the interview from 4 interviews didn't happen as HR told me afterwards about that (again unprofessional attitude). I figured out that NPD is very unorganised and laid back etc. type of company (clearly I never want to join). After a week, I followed up for the results in which they replied "no appropriate position at this time"!!!! Like I said before, they don't know what they are doing so the position doesn't exist.

Suggestion - Don't apply for an internship or full time at NPD. You can do better

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Had five skype interview each between half an hour and fifteen minutes. It was not technical. Overall it was an average experience. The interview was not technical. Got response within two days. No idea why I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken any linear regression course?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Odd interviewer. Her heavy accent made her difficult to understand. The interview was very uncomfortable because I had to ask her to repeat the question several times. She seemed very scripted and rote. I was not interested in a second after talking to her. I was brought in for an interview via a referral, and basically the interviewer told me they already had a candidate in mind. It very much like a checkbox interview

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. What are your strengths, walk me through a project you worked on   Answer Question

Account Manager, Client Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Boulder, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online then heard back from HR by phone about 1 month later...
    1. Phone Screener- HR
    2. Phone Interview - Hiring Manager
    3. In Office Interviews (30 mins each) - Hiring Manager, Business Unit's President and Senior Manager
    4. "Analytical Assessment"of POS data was scheduled by HR but it could not take place (HR never sent the data for prior analysis and then presentation/Q&A right after the one-on-one in-person interviews).

Interview Questions

• 1. Do you prefer being a "hunter gatherer" or a "harvester"?
      2. What is an example of research you have done that impacted a client's business?
      3. What is an example of a challenge(s) you faced doing research for a client?
      4. Give three words that describe you?
      5. Why do you want to work here?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied in university career fair and heard back after a month for a on-site interview. The questions are all like do you know the company questions. I thought I behaved well and never heard back ever since. Not even a phone call to tell me I was rejected.

Associate Client Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a phone interview, and after that I was brought in for an interview with the hiring manager. The interview was very smooth and no real tough questions, just a run down of your resume and behavioral questions. I thought the interview went great and was told I'll receive a phone call within the next 1-2 days. When i didn't get the call, I emailed them and was told by the recruiter that she was going to talk to the hiring manager later that day and get back to all of the candidates. Another week went by and I decided to email the recruiter again and this time I got no reply. I really liked the company and I thought interview process was really quick and smooth. I just wish they told me i didn't get the position. I would def. recommend applying for tho.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Process included a brief phone interview with the recruiter, an in-person interview with the hiring manager (who was an Account Manager) and an Executive Director, a follow up call with a Director, then another in-person which involved taking a test with the hiring manager and speaking with a second Account Manager. After all of this, they decided to promote internally. This is awful business practice, if you are interviewing internally there is no benefit to opening the process to outside candidates. Not only is this a waste of my time, but also a waste of time for the recruiter to post a job description, scan resumes, set up phone interviews, and coordinate in-person interviews, as well wasting the time of those on the team who met with me and then had to meet with each other to discuss the outcome of the interviews internally. It was also apparent that the Director felt this way as well. She seemed completely disinterested during our conversation and it was evident that she had no desire to be speaking with me. After finding out they promoted internally, I'm sure she knew she was wasting her time as well and that explains her (rude) behavior.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in research? I always find it odd when business majors are looking for research roles.   1 Answer