NPD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY).

Interview

Typical process - applied online, heard back from a recruiter 2.5 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for the following week. It consisted of the usual phone screening questions and discussion. In-person interviews were scheduled for the following week. For the most part, nothing out of the ordinary. Getting a chance to speak with an executive director was definitely a plus and was very relaxed and conversational.

The location of the office in Port Washington is rather inconvenient limiting commuting options. Also, unfortunately, communication ceases once you are no longer being considered.

Data Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the manager to whom I would be reporting; we for spoke for about 50 minutes. Then 7 days later, an on site interview with 2 persons I'd be working alongside for about 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever optimized or added efficiency to a process?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through my college admissions portal. The application was pretty easy, it just required me to submit a resume with an optional cover letter. After a couple weeks passed, I was called up and notified that I would be interviewed. The process consisted of a single superday on the company's Port Washington, New York campus (They arranged flights and hotels) in which I had a ~20-30 minute group interview with three higher-up employees. Questions were typical behavioral questions. Everyone was very friendly, and in time between the interviews other applicants were encouraged to socialize with each other. Overall it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• - Tell us a story about leadership and/or team cooperation
      - Why NPD?
       - Why Market research?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate without any luck. Fortunately, the compensation is decent as is.

Data Validation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly involved with four different phone interviews. The flexibility of the doing the interviews by phone was nice. They asked a lot of the basic questions. It was all pretty standard. However, if you want to know the status of your application, the only way to find out is to use their online system. They will not respond to phone calls or follow-up emails about your application status, even after four rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Share a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NPD.

Interview

4 consecutive, 30-minute interviews. Diversified group of interviewers, ask good questions and overall good interview experience. They allowed me to call in on Skype because I was at school and were all very encouraging.

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

First the HR had a phone interview, basically about the education background and things in the resume. Then the manager did the second interview in the phone, I talked about myself and the manager talked about the position, the group and the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NPD.

Interview

1)Phone call, with a brief run through of resume
    2)Skype interview, run through previous project, thoughts on topics in field, some technical questions
    3) Technical test, completed via online website
    4) Skype Interview with uppermanagment of department, mostly personality questions and getting to know what interest me
    5) 3 Reference checks

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone Call - Resume
    Skype - Behavioral and Technical
    After that it was mostly working with HR because the interviewer was very lazy in getting back to HR about whether an offer was going to be extended or not.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work for NPD?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NPD in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of basic question surrounding qualifications and experience. A few were behavioral questions, but most were just about why I was interested in the company and the particular position that I applied for. Overall, it was a good experience; however, it took about 3 weeks between the first one screen and then second, which was longer than I anticipated.

Interview Questions

• There was no questions that stood out as difficult, as the process was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Client Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Gainesville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

NPD Group came on campus where they give company presentation and took an interview which was about my background and current education.

I got selected for 2nd round of interviews which I came to know after 3 weeks of follow up in which they never care to reply. I had 4 skype interview scheduled from EVP,VP and Executive directors (all interviews where behavioural or question & answer type). EVP told me about different work location and different work profile. Anyway, All of my interviews went well and they were highly impressed.

One of the interview from 4 interviews didn't happen as HR told me afterwards about that (again unprofessional attitude). I figured out that NPD is very unorganised and laid back etc. type of company (clearly I never want to join). After a week, I followed up for the results in which they replied "no appropriate position at this time"!!!! Like I said before, they don't know what they are doing so the position doesn't exist.

Suggestion - Don't apply for an internship or full time at NPD. You can do better