NPD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NPD Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.4

Market Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NPD.

Interview

I had emailed a recruiter after my friend that was working at the company had recommended me to the hiring manager. I was excited to work at the same company that had been publishing excellent research and had exposure to Fortune 500 clients.

I accepted a phone interview, however I was rudely awakened when I realized that the recruiter started the call by screaming at me and telling me to hurry up. I have completed several interviews, either phone, Skype, or in person, and I have never been treated so rudely in any of those situations. I was so shocked that I played along,but I ended up obviously not doing well because I felt I was being personally attacked.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was when the interviewer started yelling at me and making snide comments at my answers such as, "I asked you a yes or no question. Clearly you cannot follow instructions."   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I had a total of 10 interviews due to the matrixed org structure - 2 by phone and 8 in-person. It was a slow process that took over two months, starting in late September and an offer in early December.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a client who repeatedly submits last minute requests which interfere with existing scheduled deadlines.   1 Answer

Data Validation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly involved with four different phone interviews. The flexibility of the doing the interviews by phone was nice. They asked a lot of the basic questions. It was all pretty standard. However, if you want to know the status of your application, the only way to find out is to use their online system. They will not respond to phone calls or follow-up emails about your application status, even after four rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Share a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NPD (Rosemont, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with an account manager followed by the account director. Prepare to answer questions in the STAR format. Also make sure to be able to give an example or two of your intellectual curiosity, specifically in the sector in which your position is found, ie food, fashion, technology, etc.

Interview Questions

• Explaining with an example my intellectual curiosity for the subject matter of my choice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted an entry level position and did not negotiate my salary.

Data Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the manager to whom I would be reporting; we for spoke for about 50 minutes. Then 7 days later, an on site interview with 2 persons I'd be working alongside for about 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever optimized or added efficiency to a process?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NPD.

Interview

4 consecutive, 30-minute interviews. Diversified group of interviewers, ask good questions and overall good interview experience. They allowed me to call in on Skype because I was at school and were all very encouraging.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Odd interviewer. Her heavy accent made her difficult to understand. The interview was very uncomfortable because I had to ask her to repeat the question several times. She seemed very scripted and rote. I was not interested in a second after talking to her. I was brought in for an interview via a referral, and basically the interviewer told me they already had a candidate in mind. It very much like a checkbox interview

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. What are your strengths, walk me through a project you worked on   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NPD (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief interview, standard questions about who you are and what made you want to apply for a position with NPD. Friendly interviewer, gave the company background, position requirements and daily duties.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals? What are 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Had five skype interview each between half an hour and fifteen minutes. It was not technical. Overall it was an average experience. The interview was not technical. Got response within two days. No idea why I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken any linear regression course?   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Went into the office and spoke with someone at HR. Very pleasurable experience. Had two phone interviews to follow also very very nice people. I got very informed on the company and what they do and then more specifically the department I will be working in. I learned a lot about the program I would be part of as well.