NPD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.4

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPD (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in-person interview
    Pretty informal, questions were basic and easy to follow
    Interviewer guided the discussion
    First is a phone screening and then if they believe you're the right candidate they will fly you to the location of your choice to interview

Interview Questions

• Strengths/weaknesses
      Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athlone (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at NPD (Athlone (Ireland)) in January 2016.

Interview

There was screening group interview was first where you found out about the company and had to fill out a questionnaire. Called back to do an individual interview where I had 2 separate interviews. Each of these separate interviews were had 2 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What do think an operations associate role involves? How do you handle confrontation? How can you apply your previous experience to our company? As you will be entering data all day and it can be monotonous how will you remain concentrated on your work?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY).

Interview

Typical process - applied online, heard back from a recruiter 2.5 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for the following week. It consisted of the usual phone screening questions and discussion. In-person interviews were scheduled for the following week. For the most part, nothing out of the ordinary. Getting a chance to speak with an executive director was definitely a plus and was very relaxed and conversational.

The location of the office in Port Washington is rather inconvenient limiting commuting options. Also, unfortunately, communication ceases once you are no longer being considered.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through my college admissions portal. The application was pretty easy, it just required me to submit a resume with an optional cover letter. After a couple weeks passed, I was called up and notified that I would be interviewed. The process consisted of a single superday on the company's Port Washington, New York campus (They arranged flights and hotels) in which I had a ~20-30 minute group interview with three higher-up employees. Questions were typical behavioral questions. Everyone was very friendly, and in time between the interviews other applicants were encouraged to socialize with each other. Overall it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• - Tell us a story about leadership and/or team cooperation
      - Why NPD?
       - Why Market research?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate without any luck. Fortunately, the compensation is decent as is.

Data Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the manager to whom I would be reporting; we for spoke for about 50 minutes. Then 7 days later, an on site interview with 2 persons I'd be working alongside for about 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever optimized or added efficiency to a process?   Answer Question

Foodservice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPD (Rosemont, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

From first interview to offer, the whole process took 3 months. This seems to be a pattern with many current employees. Had a phone interview with HR and Manager. Neither of which are in the office that I work in. Then an in person interview with two directors on-site. I then had to complete a skills assessment test. My original start date was delayed by 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were mostly conversational.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I had a total of 10 interviews due to the matrixed org structure - 2 by phone and 8 in-person. It was a slow process that took over two months, starting in late September and an offer in early December.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a client who repeatedly submits last minute requests which interfere with existing scheduled deadlines.   1 Answer

Data Validation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly involved with four different phone interviews. The flexibility of the doing the interviews by phone was nice. They asked a lot of the basic questions. It was all pretty standard. However, if you want to know the status of your application, the only way to find out is to use their online system. They will not respond to phone calls or follow-up emails about your application status, even after four rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Share a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Data Reporting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athlone (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at NPD (Athlone (Ireland)) in September 2015.

Interview

Relatively easy, friendly, well organised. Lots of contact from the HR person. Scheduled the interview to suit times and kept me up to date. The first interview was a group interview at the recruitment agency they deal with, followed by another group interview within the NPD building where you had to talk about yourself for a little while [brief background etc]. Following this was another interview on your own with two from the company [this occurred twice over different days].

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NPD.

Interview

4 consecutive, 30-minute interviews. Diversified group of interviewers, ask good questions and overall good interview experience. They allowed me to call in on Skype because I was at school and were all very encouraging.