NPD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NPD Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Had five skype interview each between half an hour and fifteen minutes. It was not technical. Overall it was an average experience. The interview was not technical. Got response within two days. No idea why I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken any linear regression course?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Odd interviewer. Her heavy accent made her difficult to understand. The interview was very uncomfortable because I had to ask her to repeat the question several times. She seemed very scripted and rote. I was not interested in a second after talking to her. I was brought in for an interview via a referral, and basically the interviewer told me they already had a candidate in mind. It very much like a checkbox interview

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. What are your strengths, walk me through a project you worked on   Answer Question

Foodservice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPD (Rosemont, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

From first interview to offer, the whole process took 3 months. This seems to be a pattern with many current employees. Had a phone interview with HR and Manager. Neither of which are in the office that I work in. Then an in person interview with two directors on-site. I then had to complete a skills assessment test. My original start date was delayed by 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were mostly conversational.   1 Answer

Account Manager, Client Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Boulder, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online then heard back from HR by phone about 1 month later...
    1. Phone Screener- HR
    2. Phone Interview - Hiring Manager
    3. In Office Interviews (30 mins each) - Hiring Manager, Business Unit's President and Senior Manager
    4. "Analytical Assessment"of POS data was scheduled by HR but it could not take place (HR never sent the data for prior analysis and then presentation/Q&A right after the one-on-one in-person interviews).

Interview Questions

• 1. Do you prefer being a "hunter gatherer" or a "harvester"?
      2. What is an example of research you have done that impacted a client's business?
      3. What is an example of a challenge(s) you faced doing research for a client?
      4. Give three words that describe you?
      5. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied in university career fair and heard back after a month for a on-site interview. The questions are all like do you know the company questions. I thought I behaved well and never heard back ever since. Not even a phone call to tell me I was rejected.

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NPD (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

You go through many rounds of phone interviews, speaking to many different people. Following the phone interviews, they will invite you for an in person interview. Overall, the process was quick and they were on top of their game in hiring.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your background, although relatively little professional exchange occurred.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NPD (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief interview, standard questions about who you are and what made you want to apply for a position with NPD. Friendly interviewer, gave the company background, position requirements and daily duties.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals? What are 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NPD in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied through my college career development website during late December and received a call from their HR rep beginning of Jan. Unfortunately I was in the middle of my vacation so I rescheduled with her for a phone interview after I came back. After a few weeks, she scheduled 4 phone interviews with VPs/EVP/ED through out Feb. Finally in the beginning of March I went in for 2 in-person interviews at NPD Group in LI.

Associate Client Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a phone interview, and after that I was brought in for an interview with the hiring manager. The interview was very smooth and no real tough questions, just a run down of your resume and behavioral questions. I thought the interview went great and was told I'll receive a phone call within the next 1-2 days. When i didn't get the call, I emailed them and was told by the recruiter that she was going to talk to the hiring manager later that day and get back to all of the candidates. Another week went by and I decided to email the recruiter again and this time I got no reply. I really liked the company and I thought interview process was really quick and smooth. I just wish they told me i didn't get the position. I would def. recommend applying for tho.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Went into the office and spoke with someone at HR. Very pleasurable experience. Had two phone interviews to follow also very very nice people. I got very informed on the company and what they do and then more specifically the department I will be working in. I learned a lot about the program I would be part of as well.