NPD Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.5

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY).

Interview

Typical process - applied online, heard back from a recruiter 2.5 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for the following week. It consisted of the usual phone screening questions and discussion. In-person interviews were scheduled for the following week. For the most part, nothing out of the ordinary. Getting a chance to speak with an executive director was definitely a plus and was very relaxed and conversational.

The location of the office in Port Washington is rather inconvenient limiting commuting options. Also, unfortunately, communication ceases once you are no longer being considered.

Data Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the manager to whom I would be reporting; we for spoke for about 50 minutes. Then 7 days later, an on site interview with 2 persons I'd be working alongside for about 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever optimized or added efficiency to a process?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through my college admissions portal. The application was pretty easy, it just required me to submit a resume with an optional cover letter. After a couple weeks passed, I was called up and notified that I would be interviewed. The process consisted of a single superday on the company's Port Washington, New York campus (They arranged flights and hotels) in which I had a ~20-30 minute group interview with three higher-up employees. Questions were typical behavioral questions. Everyone was very friendly, and in time between the interviews other applicants were encouraged to socialize with each other. Overall it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• - Tell us a story about leadership and/or team cooperation
      - Why NPD?
       - Why Market research?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate without any luck. Fortunately, the compensation is decent as is.

Data Validation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly involved with four different phone interviews. The flexibility of the doing the interviews by phone was nice. They asked a lot of the basic questions. It was all pretty standard. However, if you want to know the status of your application, the only way to find out is to use their online system. They will not respond to phone calls or follow-up emails about your application status, even after four rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Share a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

First the HR had a phone interview, basically about the education background and things in the resume. Then the manager did the second interview in the phone, I talked about myself and the manager talked about the position, the group and the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Had five skype interview each between half an hour and fifteen minutes. It was not technical. Overall it was an average experience. The interview was not technical. Got response within two days. No idea why I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken any linear regression course?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied in university career fair and heard back after a month for a on-site interview. The questions are all like do you know the company questions. I thought I behaved well and never heard back ever since. Not even a phone call to tell me I was rejected.

Associate Client Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a phone interview, and after that I was brought in for an interview with the hiring manager. The interview was very smooth and no real tough questions, just a run down of your resume and behavioral questions. I thought the interview went great and was told I'll receive a phone call within the next 1-2 days. When i didn't get the call, I emailed them and was told by the recruiter that she was going to talk to the hiring manager later that day and get back to all of the candidates. Another week went by and I decided to email the recruiter again and this time I got no reply. I really liked the company and I thought interview process was really quick and smooth. I just wish they told me i didn't get the position. I would def. recommend applying for tho.

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Went into the office and spoke with someone at HR. Very pleasurable experience. Had two phone interviews to follow also very very nice people. I got very informed on the company and what they do and then more specifically the department I will be working in. I learned a lot about the program I would be part of as well.

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within 1 week for a phone interview. after phone interview i was asked to come in for an in person interview 2 weeks later. fairly informal. met with three managers from three different industry teams as well as someone from HR. each meeting lasted around 20 minutes