NPD Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.5

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY).

Interview

Typical process - applied online, heard back from a recruiter 2.5 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for the following week. It consisted of the usual phone screening questions and discussion. In-person interviews were scheduled for the following week. For the most part, nothing out of the ordinary. Getting a chance to speak with an executive director was definitely a plus and was very relaxed and conversational.

The location of the office in Port Washington is rather inconvenient limiting commuting options. Also, unfortunately, communication ceases once you are no longer being considered.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through my college admissions portal. The application was pretty easy, it just required me to submit a resume with an optional cover letter. After a couple weeks passed, I was called up and notified that I would be interviewed. The process consisted of a single superday on the company's Port Washington, New York campus (They arranged flights and hotels) in which I had a ~20-30 minute group interview with three higher-up employees. Questions were typical behavioral questions. Everyone was very friendly, and in time between the interviews other applicants were encouraged to socialize with each other. Overall it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• - Tell us a story about leadership and/or team cooperation
      - Why NPD?
       - Why Market research?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate without any luck. Fortunately, the compensation is decent as is.

Data Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the manager to whom I would be reporting; we for spoke for about 50 minutes. Then 7 days later, an on site interview with 2 persons I'd be working alongside for about 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever optimized or added efficiency to a process?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I had a total of 10 interviews due to the matrixed org structure - 2 by phone and 8 in-person. It was a slow process that took over two months, starting in late September and an offer in early December.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a client who repeatedly submits last minute requests which interfere with existing scheduled deadlines.   1 Answer

Data Validation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly involved with four different phone interviews. The flexibility of the doing the interviews by phone was nice. They asked a lot of the basic questions. It was all pretty standard. However, if you want to know the status of your application, the only way to find out is to use their online system. They will not respond to phone calls or follow-up emails about your application status, even after four rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Share a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

First the HR had a phone interview, basically about the education background and things in the resume. Then the manager did the second interview in the phone, I talked about myself and the manager talked about the position, the group and the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Had five skype interview each between half an hour and fifteen minutes. It was not technical. Overall it was an average experience. The interview was not technical. Got response within two days. No idea why I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken any linear regression course?   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Went into the office and spoke with someone at HR. Very pleasurable experience. Had two phone interviews to follow also very very nice people. I got very informed on the company and what they do and then more specifically the department I will be working in. I learned a lot about the program I would be part of as well.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed process took total of three months. First had a phone screening with Human Resources, then got called into Headquarters in New York for three in person interviews with the Senior Management. I got a call back asking to conduct a presentation of my choice showing my data analytics and presentation skills as it would help understand how comfortable I am acting and presenting in front of C-Level clients. Interviewers interrupted me a few times during the presentation to ask questions and see how well I would handle being caught off guard. I was offered the job two weeks later and began work a month after that.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Very easy interview. One phone call interview and a week later i met in the Port Washington Office. 1 Quick interview with the director and manger and I got the call back the following day. They really wanted to know more about me than ask challenging questions. It was one of the easier interviews i have done