NRECA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NRECA Interview Questions

Interviews at NRECA

2.9

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NRECA.

Interview

Typical interview process. Talk with HR, then a couple senior managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were squashed. It was take it or leave it.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NRECA.

Interview

Great, thorough, well thought out interview process.

Senior Business Analyst Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NRECA in May 2015.

Interview

NRECA reached out to me and asked me to interview for this role, I didn't apply. I let them schedule a call and had a conversation with Raeshel from recruiting. The recruiter was a bit hard to meet with, we had a scheduled time and she called me multiple times, hours before our meeting time when I wasn't able to answer because I was working. During our meeting time she called 10 minutes late and was putting me on hold multiple times throughout the call. During the call she asked about my history and my understanding of the role, all went relatively well until she asked me my current salary. I politely declined to share my salary at this time. This upset her and she accused me of hiding something if I'm not sharing my salary and continued to ask me three more times, it was pretty uncomfortable. Her reasoning was very odd, she said something like only 1 in every 46 interviewers declines to share their salary and they're all hiding something. I politely explained that my salary was changing as I was in the middle of a review cycle, and that I'd much rather currently focus on my ability to leverage my skillsets for the role, as the role was in an area I had significant experience in. I also offered to share my W2s upon acceptance of an offer, if both NRECA and I decided there would be a good fit. Then, she alluded to the role would not be at the salary that I was already told (basically that she would reduce the salary of the role). I thought the recruiter represented herself and the company unprofessionally, didn't understand the role very well, and was not very respectful of people's time.

Energy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NRECA (Arlington, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

I received two phone calls. One from the recruiter and a second from the hiring manager. The recruiter asked basic questions about my background and experience. The hiring manager's questions were more difficult and specific. I completed a writing test which asked me to write multiple leave-behinds 4 different groups advocating NRECA's position. A few weeks later, I was invited for a full day of interviews with 5 individuals and also lunch with a few other people. Everyone was nice. I waited for multiple weeks afterward with no response and contacted the recruiter who eventually told me they were going to keep searching.

Energy Solutions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRECA in March 2019.

Interview

I applied online via the NRECA careers website and then got an email to set up an initial phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. The interview was conducted by one of the directors himself. After the interview, I got a follow-up email about another phone call.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the state of battery storage solutions?   1 Answer

Mid Level Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRECA.

Interview

I had a phone interview first and then was called in for an in person interview. I met with the hiring manager and her assistant. A few days later, I was called back in for another interview where I met with 2 other staff members around the same level of this position and the Director of the department. Everyone was very nice and they gave me a tour of the workspace. I did not receive the position and was notified via email. I had a good rapport with the hiring manager as we had been in constant communication during the interview process and so I emailed her back asking if she could provide me feedback for my future job search. She never responded which I felt was very rude considering the time and effort I put in to interview and of course the 2 days of work I had to take off to interview. As someone in the hiring industry, if they don't value the applicants, they won't value their employees. I would not apply again.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical interview questions regarding my background.   Answer Question

Investment Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NRECA (Washington, DC) in May 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter then spoke to hiring manager scheduled a time for an in person meeting. Very relaxed and to the point. Got the feeling they were looking to fill some positions,

Interview Questions

• Current salary, my background, am I willing to travel   1 Answer

Grassroots Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NRECA (Arlington, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

Four month process. Final in person interview was with 6 individuals, took three hours. An individual in my network told me that they selected someone in December but I did not hear from H.R. until a month later. The same person stated that the hiring manager thought that I was too experienced, which to me means ageism.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NRECA.

Interview

Phone interview. Submitted an online questionnaire surrounding work style and personality. This was followed up two face to face interviews before an offer was presented. A rather long process which required a lot of patience.

Interview Questions

• Typical 'explain a time' questions and 'what would you do' type of questions.   Answer Question

Senior Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NRECA.

Interview

First had a phone screening interview with a recruiter in HR, then an online questionnaire, then a nearly 4 hour in-person interview at the Arlington office with several members of team and a writing test. Finally I had an interview with the head of the department. Entire process took about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Not necessarily a question, but I was told repeatedly that they had more qualified applicants / I wasn't qualified enough.   Answer Question