NRG Global (IL) Graduate Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NRG Global (IL) Graduate Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at NRG Global (IL)

1 Interview Review

2.0

Graduate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NRG Global (IL) (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Warning: If you get a recruiting email from NRG Global, K&A Global or VIP Global in Oak Park, it's a scam!

I initially was contacted by NRG Global via email - they had found my resume on a job board website. They invited me to a 20-minute interview and I accepted.

Went to the office to interview for NRG Global and there were two different company names on the door - red flag #1. I met a woman on the elevator who was going to VIP Global for her interview - they are apparently the same company.

We were asked to sit in the foyer and fill out an application. Loud party music was playing over the speakers in the reception room.

After I filled out my application, I interviewed with the president of the company. He told me he had started there 10 months ago and was looking to hire up to 30 managers to work under him. He also mentioned that the company was a part of a bigger one with offices across the US. He said that the program was a 10-to-14 week program that would teach me a variety of business skills, and that at the end of it I would be able to open up my own office.

The interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was told that he was going to narrow down 50 applicants to 5 and let those 5 know if they are moving forward - a misleading tactic I later found out is extensively used under the company's other name, K&A Global. Within 90 minutes, I was invited via phone to return to the office for an EIGHT hour interview. At this point I knew something was off. At this point, I still had no idea what I would be doing for work from day to day. I told the interviewer this. He said that it was normal to feel that way and to come to the second interview to learn more.

Upon doing more research on the company and its other names, I found out that the second day is spent going door-to-door in neighborhoods and to customers in parking lots trying to sell them services - not at all what I was applying to do! So I emailed the company and cancelled my interview. Think twice before you decide to interview with this company!

Interview Questions