NRG Global (IL) Marketing Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NRG Global (IL) Marketing Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at NRG Global (IL)

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRG Global (IL) (Oak Park, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and received an email and call from the company. I confirmed the interview via email. I looked over the company before the interview and their LinkedIn account. When I got to the building, there were different companies in the same suite as this one! The suite was very tacky and unprofessional--I almost wanted to leave then and there. I filled out an application form and waited to be called. The "President" of the company interviewed me and told me about this 8-10 week process where I would only be in this position for a few weeks and work my way up to management. This was the first marketing interview I have been on since I have graduated college. I didn't know what to expect, but I STILL did not believe a word this man said. The interview took 10-15 minutes, it was very brief and he only asked me a few questions. He did most of the talking and then sent me off right away and did not leave room for questions. He called me back within a few hours and I did not respond. BEWARE, it is a scam and every positive review is fake --FYI.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are here? How would you be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NRG Global (IL)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NRG Global (IL) (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I first came into the office for a 10 minute rushed interview with the president of the company, and then came in for an 8 hour "interview," where I was told that I was going to a marketing event. Basically, I showed up and was told i'd be shadowing an employee at the event. Turns out that this "marketing event" that I was so excited for was actually standing on the sidewalk with him in Old Town, and watching him try to stop people to get them to do something with the company (still unclear of exactly what...wasn't explained well at all). He had me sit down in Starbucks (made me pay for my own Starbucks), and write down 10 weaknesses and 10 strengths on a piece of paper. I handed it to him and he went through them all with me on the sidewalk, while saying hello to people passing by. Also had me write down 20 objections I think they get in a given day. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, and I was way overqualified for the job. It's like a pyramid scheme and you can be 18 years old still in college while doing it. There's no salary base and no commission. Also something that I wasn't informed of in the initial interview process or job description.. unfortunately was a complete waste of my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NRG Global (IL) (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

I arrived at the office space in Logan Square for my first interview with the President 10 minutes before my scheduled time, as I usually do. My interview was on time (5 minutes late but nothing unexpected). It was a quick 15 minute talk about the company and the organization structure. I wasn't entirely aware of what the job consisted of so asked the president as many questions as I could and he was very upfront and informative. At the end of the day he called me for the second round interview the next day. I got there in the morning and the office had a lot of people and seemed like a very modern, laid back environment. I then went to an event about 30 minutes away with the company's assistant manager. There they showed me the event structure and how they worked and gave me different "tests" to complete throughout the day. I was very excited as everyone seemed to be having a lot of fun and the event was very structured. At the end of the day I sat down with the president again, for a third round interview. This was this week and I still haven't received an answer but am hoping to hear back soon.

Interview Questions

• What would be your strategy to maintain competitive strategy in a growing direct marketing industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

This company is a joke. Job description and explanation during the interview didn’t match. Scheme for sure. I let myself go mid interview. Office space is a joke and not professional with no company markings anywhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NRG Global (IL) (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

First interview was basic personal questions. He explained the NRG Global tactic on sales.. which wasn't anything revolutionary. The second interview they told us we would be meeting with a team leader with another candidate.. I thought we would be going to a coffee shop to talk about the position further.. NOPE! They hauled us across town to best buy on roosevelt where they were doing basically promotions for Comcast. The team leader literally asked us to sit down and make our "ideal business" on a piece of paper and informed us when he did it, it took over an hour. I'm sorry but I have a degree, and this is not a class so no I'm not going to spend 1+ of my time brainstorming my "ideal business". I don't want to own a business, and the interview was extremely misleading. I ended up leaving.

Interview Questions

• They asked us to sit down and draw out our ideal business to own.   1 Answer