NSA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NSA Interview Questions

Updated Dec 26, 2017

2.6

Associate Legal Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NSA.

Interview

A very short interview with two employees. Both were very nice, but didn't ask a lot of questions about myself. They mostly just chatted with me. It was an easy and comfortable interview, but they didn't get a chance to learn about me, and seemed like they weren't that interested.

Interview Questions

• What is something that describes who you are that is not on your resume?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NSA (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Went through multiple phone interviews. The first was a prescreening phone interview, and the second was more extensive.
    Flew in for an in-person interview and a language test.
    Security clearance process is long and extensive, and difficult to pass if you are a hyphenated-American.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NSA in November 2017.

Interview

On the one hand, my interviewers were genuinely friendly, candid, and engaged people, interested in learning more about me and describing their team's work. On the other hand, the interview process itself is slow and tiring due to the agency's (understandable) precaution.

I withdrew my application to take another job.

Interview Questions

• What data would you collect and what questions would you ask to evaluate the performance of a school district?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NSA.

Interview

The interview lasted about an hour and he asked me about software and hardware questions. I applied for a developmental program within the company and they had a set of basic general questions following up with more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were working with a team and what you did to overcome the challenge   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Meade, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NSA (Fort Meade, MD).

Interview

Very organised interview process. Prescreen phone interview followed by an onsite interview. Interviewed by 2 managers. Very friendly and outgoing interviewers. Questions ranged from technical questions and problem solving ability as well as interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you had with a team member. How did you handle the conflict and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NSA in September 2017.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks, this was an initial screening call but it included a number of technical questions. The panel consisted of 4 people and questions asked were very basic for any computer engineer.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NSA (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

My recruiter was very friendly and started off telling me about the Agency which took about 15 minutes. Then she asked me a few questions. The interview questions were pretty standard. The whole interview lasted a little over 45 minutes.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NSA (Baltimore, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

Started with a pre-screen, phone interview, and in person interview. Very organized at check in. Very easy interviewer. CJO took longer than expected to come in. The process was easy and they provide reimbursement for meals and travel.

Financial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NSA (Rockville, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

An excellent process. A recruiter is very helpful throughout the application, interview, and hiring process in case there are any questions. Prepare thoroughly as for any other interview and you should do well.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Information Systems Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NSA (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position in January and it took 4 months for me to actually have the interview. The first part was an email confirmation to schedule a phone interview, then a phone interview to confirm the details on my application. Sometime in March I was contacted to schedule an interview at an NSA facility near Baltimore, MD. (The NSA paid for all travel and lodging). About a month later I had the interview. The NSA interview was a 45 minute technical interview face to face with a manager in that department. They asked basic IT questions that I was able to answer. Ultimately I did not receive an offer. If the NSA is reading this, please find a way to speed up your interview process. It shouldn't take 4 months from application to interview in my opinion.