NSTAR Global Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NSTAR Global Services Interview Questions

2.4

Senior Etch Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NSTAR Global Services (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

It was laid back, they were short staffed that day so the interview was fast. The entire process didn't take that long. After the interview, if they are still interested in having you aboard they will let you know how much you can expect the offer to be. However the offer letter wont come until you complete and pass a drug screening and background check. Once that is complete you can expect a formal offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Basic general question about the equipment and what have you done in the past.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is a lot easier if you are currently employed and looking for a better opportunity. If you are unemployed they WILL low ball you.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NSTAR Global Services (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was relatively uninvolved. A gentleman asking about my precious work experience who didn't seem to know about my line of work. (Semiconductor) just a recruiter asking questions he needed to ask. Nothing technical.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NSTAR Global Services (Malta, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview wasnt all that difficult. Interviewers seemed to want to get to know me as a person instead of asking "stumpers" to see how I'd react. It was a pleasant experience and I really felt like I was part of the team already, which is most of the reason I ultimately decided to go with this company and work for their client.

Preventative Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NSTAR Global Services (Tempe, AZ) in July 2011.

Interview

Initial application was painless and was contacted by HQ shortly after with offer of location. Setup in person interview as well. Interview was very relaxed. Some focus on experience but mostly on the type of person and work-ethic you have. Interviewer was very friendly and helped ease tension to have a comfortable atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Past work experiences   1 Answer
    • What do you know about (client company)?   1 Answer
    • Personal goals:
      Plans within company?
      Plans outside the company?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay rate and which schedule were negotiable. Schedule is personal preference, but try to negotiate pay rate. They'll start out offering the lower bound, so attempt to professionally negotiate rates.

Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NSTAR Global Services (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2010.

Interview

Most of it was done over the phone once they had taken a look at my resume. I had already worked for a company that they got technicians for so I had the proper background that they were looking for. I talked briefly with one of their recruiters and then had a call from one of the area supervisors to discuss my skills matrix.

Interview Questions

• Not really anything difficult, was very straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made me an offer and I accepted. No negotiation involved.

Resource Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NSTAR Global Services in February 2009.

Interview

Fast paced interview process. Interview occurred over the phone with no face to face.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NSTAR Global Services in June 2012.

Interview

Contacted by company director and interviewed at a local hotel. The director was very congenial and open with detailed information about operational issues they faced and where I could best be used. Concluded the meeting with the knowledge that a company VP would be in town the following week and wanted to interview me. The VP & I met at a local restaurant and again discussed areas of company need and where we both felt like I could best help them. Several weeks later, after a follow-up email from me to the director, I was contacted for a phone interview by one of their staffing personnel.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was the salary I was expecting. I stated I would be satisfied with an offer that matched my experience, skillset, and value that I bring to the company.   Answer Question

Resource Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NSTAR Global Services in December 2010.

Interview

The interview took place over the telephone, and was very pleasant. The people valued what your answers were and challenged the answers further, for both of you to be on the same page as to what position you were interviewing for. The interview process took only around 20 minutes and when everyone is satisfied, the emails start hitting your inbox. Acceptance contract paper work very easy to understand and is very detailed as to the work and conditions all agreed upon. There was originally only one interview, but, talked to a couple more people just for clarification.

Interview Questions

• They want to know issue/problem that you experienced and how/what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NSTAR negotiated with me on the salary and hit the pay rate right on the money, exactly what I was hoping for. When asked, don't be afraid to ask exactly what your worth in salary. You just might be surprised in getting it!

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NSTAR Global Services in November 2010.

Interview

The company actually actively recruited me through a professional career network. Honestly, I had never heard of Nstar Global Services before they contacted me which made me a bit cautious. Yet as I begin to communicate with them more frequently (which began with a recruitment phone call) I began to become more intrigued by their organization. I began to exchange emails with their HR personnel to provide them with basic information and to set up an interview. The process was very efficient and a bit quicker than many other similar companies in their industry. The actual interview took place at a hotel (and an extravagant one at that). It was a 1-on-1 interview and not at all "too formal" or "too technical", if you can make sense of that. It is basically to say the interviewer made me feel very comfortable and at ease. If you are able to make a connection with the interviewer, you have a great chance at landing a position as they offer training.

Interview Questions

• Are you self-motivated to excel in and learn technology that is constantly changing?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked in a clean-room facility?   Answer Question

Resource Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NSTAR Global Services in January 2010.

Interview

Short and sweet -

Questions -Did I have Lam 2300 experience and how much of it was doing installs, and would I like to go on a 3 month trip to Taiwan, and how soon can I start - need you there in 2 weeks - and this is what we will pay you, plus other compensation, and is that acceptable to you? And BAM - I'm hired.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with the product - have you performed new system installations and startup, and are you competent/confident in your abilities - supported by how many installs and when did these take place?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short - no negotiation required - I was unemployed and needed an income - and this was better than unemployment (what to do in a recession when opportunity presents itself). I was offered a reasonable compensation package, which met my needs.

Advice - Don't question the goose who lays the golden egg.