NTN Bearing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Prospect, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NTN Bearing (Mount Prospect, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

Phone screening, a personality test more than a real assessment of job skills and ability to perform. Interviewer spoke and conducted "interview" with a lack of enthusiasm. No passion for the company or the industry. Interviewer sounds as if she doesn't know a 6205VVC3 from a hole in the head, or from a 6305VVC3. All one way, no opportunity for interviewee (or defendant, depending on your view) to ask questions and express enthusiasm for the opportunity to work for the company, or enthusiasm for the products and the applications where they are used. Our "conversation" had all the thrill of watching grass grow or listening to paint drying on a wall.

Maybe it's just as well NTN didn't want my comprehensive knowledge of ball and roller bearing products, specifications and applications; and the buyers, plant managers, industrial engineers and (yes) end users who actually keep NTN in business (customers, customers, customers, gotta show you care about the customer). The company has quite a regular turnover in this position, which suggests they're hiring the wrong people for the job (probably people who sound great on personality tests but can't take care of customers knowledgeably and with genuine concern for their success with NTN's products. Maybe they need a new interviewer.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were "tell me about a time when..." oriented. No questions to confirm the applicant actually knows the business, the product, or the job itself, to say nothing of the applicant's knowledge of competitors and the distributor and OEM market.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer and Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NTN Bearing (New Delhi (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

1.) first interview is a technical cum Hr interview where you will be asked about your projects and basic stuff like why you want to work here etc.
    2.) second round is for selected candidates where GM of the company comes and you need to deliver presentation on a topic of your interest and finally same things are again asked by GM as in first round of interview
    at last what I was told that only sales position is there and i wanted Junior engineer post so finally my profile being a manufacturing one was eliminated.

Interview Questions

• HR questions
      Tell us about your Projects
      why you wish to do this job   Answer Question

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NTN Bearing (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

Kept repeating same questions over and over called in twice for interview and never received courtesy call about the job. Generally disorganized and unprepared

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work Saturdays , repeated four or five times   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NTN Bearing in March 2010.

Interview

I signed up for an interview spot through a university career center website. The interview lasted for 30 minutes and was pretty informal. The interviewer mainly asked questions relating to my resume. There was some time at the end to ask questions. Overall, the interview was very laid back, relaxing and did not include a single behavioral question or case question.

There wasn't an offer due to the fact that there are other college recruiters interviewing other students.