NVIDIA ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a career fair in university. First of all , take a 15-minutes questionnaire and explain your answer to the recruiter. If doing well, you will receive a phone interview after three days. There will be three phone interviews and a onsite interview after that.

Interview Questions

• basic concept of pipeline
    state machine of sequence detector
    C program of a function about pattern replace   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

mainly resume questions, asked questions that test ur basics in deatil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

General question about timing, simple C programs

Interview Questions

• To print out elements on 1/8th of the circumference of the circle   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Austin, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

1:1 Interview at job fair. discussed project experiences. Gave an quiz with some simple design questions

Interview Questions

• design a full adder with 2-1 mux   7 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Portland, OR) in July 2008.

Interview

I was referred by a friend for a particular group and I got an email from a recruiter. Although the position I was called for, didnt really match my profile.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were pretty much standard. What hit me was the being a PhD student, I was asked questions from Sophomore level courses. This was opposite to my previous interview with IBM, where they really RESPECTED my research and analytically walked me through the interview. The questions were 10101 sequence detector, CMOS inverter with just NMOS, importance of caches etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Interview with one of the managers of the ASIC design team. One on one interview in the conference room.

Initially was aksed qns regarding resume, work experience, then moved onto tough logic design questions, calculate set up time. hold time, prop. delay for complex circuits.

it was very tough and i could not make it. all the best to everyone! u will need it

Interview Questions

• calculate set up , hold in terms of some 10 parameters.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I had an on site interview at my college campus which involved a sheet of technical design questions. In about 2 weeks I was contacted to arrange 2 phone interviews. After two 30-45 minute phone interviews I was invited to fly out to Santa Clara, CA to interview on site. The on site interview consisted of 5 one on one technical interviews which were extremely similar to the phone interviews. Overall it was a very technically oriented interview process and I would make sure you know your stuff (design-wise) when going into any of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Design basic state machines (mealy moore) and give the circuit implementation   Answer Question
    • Setup and hold time for circuits   1 Answer
    • Sequence identification circuit design   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for too little and they offered me over 110% of my asking amount. I'm just an undergrad, so don't be afraid to ask for more than you think then they can negotiate down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I had to undergo three rounds of phone interviews. First round consisted of three technical questions viz. Static Timing Analysis, writing a Verilog Code and writing a code for finding palindrome using recursion. @nd interview was based on my resume. Third interview was taken by a GPU Design Engineer so he didn't aske me any questions on timing analysis which I was expecting to be asked considering the fact that I was interviewing for ASIC designing position.

Interview Questions

• Design a circuit that would count 1 every time another counter counts from 0 to 255. One of the counter is working at higher frequency than the other.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2012.

Interview

I got a phone interview for ASIC design position .questions asked were from my resume, Pipelining concepts, CMOS , inverter sizing, Digital logic, and Timing violations(setup , hold ). They just test the basics and give you ample time to respond.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

A couple of Basic architecture questions like whats the ad and disad of using large cache and small cache and some digital design question like sequential detector and timing analysis. and one of the managers ask you to design a traffic light, no detailed requirment at first but as you proceed, he will offer you more design details to consider

Interview Questions

• whats the ad and disad of using large cache and small cache   1 Answer