NVIDIA ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

3.1

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus job fair. The process took 4 weeks. 45 minutes phone technical interview. Asked a few questions about my projects on my resume and some questions on architecture.

Interview Questions

• what is the 3 Cs in cache miss?   1 Answer
  • how to design the next generation product with 2 times of throughput?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

It was pretty easy. Since i had an experience from Qualcomm, the questions were oriented towards that. Pretty easy to crack with right preparation and confidence. Glassdoor was really helpful in my preparation and It made me feel prepared during my interview. According to me, Nvidia focuses on logical concepts rather than theory that we study. Make sure you know the basisc well and observe every word the interviewer talks to you.

Interview Questions

• Setup, hold time. Which violation cannot be solved after chip tape out? Question on Automation side- using hash table.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clarita, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It is a 45 min phone interview. The process takes 3 weeks. At the first arrange time, they sent a email said there is a time conflict between my interview, so we arrange an other time. All question are technical question. They asked about one of my project I have done in collage.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

get the interview through career fair, I did the access quiz, and submit the test along with my resume to the recruiter, and he asked me to explain the questions I answered.I answered most of the questions, but I did not know much about c++, so I left the first C++ questions blank.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Gainesville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was from college career website. The interview was pleasant although the time of interview was morning 7 AM, so I was a bit tired due to lack of sleep. Interviewer was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Asked basic questions based on resume.
      The position required CPU architecture knowledge. I hadn't taken any of those courses, so interviewer asked only IC designing questoins.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The first round is 60 min phone interview. There is no questions on my project, and almost all of the questions are technical. The questions covers software C++ algorithm, hardware FSM and computer architecture pipelines.

Interview Questions

• 1. Swap function: difference between pass by value and pass by reference
      2. Fibonacci series. Two implementation: for loop and recursive.
      3. The usage of constant, constant functions
      4. Detect sequence pattern in FSM.
      1 Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

campus career fair, submitted my resume and did a test paper, reviewed by one of staff, seems reasoning is what they value most, so always be clear about why are you doing this or choosing this method.

Interview Questions

• write a function of swap(a,b) in C/C++ using pass by reference and pass by value.   2 Answers

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Questions are given regarding computer architecture, C/C++ coding, circuit design, FSM. And a lot of logic design question. Like using add to detect how many 1's in a parallel bits of data. And on-site interview mostly focused on my project and dig hard into any keyword. Ask questions about dynamic logic, power, arbiter, fifo and so on.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewed through career fair. Questions are given regarding computer architecture, C/C++ coding, circuit design, FSM. Though questions are seemingly not difficult, they are very difficult to answer comprehensively, and missing points will leave a negative expression.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Got an phone interview notification. Preparing for 2 days. All the questions are easy resume questions. They asked FIFO design, CMT design, set-up time and hold time violation. The whole process goes very smoothly and there is nothing special. But as I'm not gonna graduate this year, they declined me.

Interview Questions

• What's the advantage of one-hot coding   2 Answers