NVIDIA ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

3.1

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed with them in November 2018. I had 2 phone rounds followed by an on-site interview. The process took 3+ weeks. The interview had 6 rounds including an informal lunch with an employee.

Interview Questions

• Questions on the resume. SV constructs, FIFO depth, STA questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

It was pretty easy. Since i had an experience from Qualcomm, the questions were oriented towards that. Pretty easy to crack with right preparation and confidence. Glassdoor was really helpful in my preparation and It made me feel prepared during my interview. According to me, Nvidia focuses on logical concepts rather than theory that we study. Make sure you know the basisc well and observe every word the interviewer talks to you.

Interview Questions

• Setup, hold time. Which violation cannot be solved after chip tape out? Question on Automation side- using hash table.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clarita, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It is a 45 min phone interview. The process takes 3 weeks. At the first arrange time, they sent a email said there is a time conflict between my interview, so we arrange an other time. All question are technical question. They asked about one of my project I have done in collage.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Austin, TX) in July 2013

Interview
    I was contacted by the HR department of Silicon Labs to see if I was interested in a couple of positions they were hiring for. They were particularly interested in my qualifications from my previous jobs. I was then contacted by the hiring manager, who setup a phone interview with one of his team-members. I was then flown in to Austin for a day-long interview. There were a total of 7 interviews back to back until about 4 pm. They were all technical in nature - they tested my design knowledge, my scripting and programming capabilities and my familiarity with CAD tools.

Interview Questions

• Logical design, physical design, perl, System verilog (UVM)   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus job fair. The process took 4 weeks. 45 minutes phone technical interview. Asked a few questions about my projects on my resume and some questions on architecture.

Interview Questions

• what is the 3 Cs in cache miss?   2 Answers
    • how to design the next generation product with 2 times of throughput?   1 Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA in September 2019.

Interview

It was at a career fair on campus. There were a lot of people waiting in line for nvidia. The recruiter was nice. I did not take any computer architecture class so I couldn't answer some of the questions

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA in November 2011.

Interview

two phone interviews by different people in the same group. The questions asked are not hard. Interviewers are friendly. I feel nvidia like students with internship experience. Almost all of the interns I met at nvidia has some internship experience before.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions is about clock divider and the interviewer asked a lot different questions related to divider design   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

1 Phone Interviews followed by an career fair interview.
    Phone interviews were 30 minutes with a engineer with good manner and the career fair interview had a paper test with some basic questions about Flip flop and top-to-bottom design style. It will be really helpful to go through some basic design knowledge.

Interview Questions

• different RAM constructions and the working mechanisms.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Took a small pre-test at a career fair at my university. Later set up a phone interview asking skill question only. Took 45 minutes and wasn't too bad. The interviewer was very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• -Make a AND/OR gate out of muxes
      -Count the number of 1's in a 7 bit number using only full adders   1 Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Interview

First a simple quize. Then phone interview. Then face to face interview.
    Questions mainly focused on RTL designing, clocking and timing analysis, computer architecture, and basic programming skills. Also a lot about resume experiences.