NVIDIA ASIC Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

3.3

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online, and HR contacted saying there will be a 45 min phone round. I was contacted by one of the team member and it was a complete technical coding interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Just 1st interview. Just started with the phone interview. It will be 45 min. HR just mailed for the ASIC Engineer position. Topics to be covered is logic design, architecture and C

ASIC Engineer Interview

Interview

contacted by HR with email and they will ask you some basic information like available time to work or relocation issue. then arranged a phone interview. they will send you the details and let you choose a time for that interview.

Interview Questions

• gate level, digital circuit like counter, power problems   Answer Question

ASIC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got phone interview request next day. The phone interview last about 40 minutes, was asked about general digital design and CPU questions. Setup and hold, glitchless clock gating, low power design, pipeline and cache, etc.

ASIC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Converted from an intern

Negotiation

Good. They matched the best offer I had.

ASIC Engineer Interview

Interview

It's quite straight forward starting with technical questions. There are total of three which are middle difficult. The content is about basic digital circuits and timing analysis.

Interview Questions

• It's about a clock frequency problem, something related to time borrowing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

includes many different 1:1 interviews after a few telephonic rounds. questions mostly on coding and past background. questions on system verilog, verilog, C, uvm, coding, puzzles, testplans, coverage, checkers, system verilog assertions digital logic, arbiters, CMOS, layout, etc. HR round as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter at NVIDIA. Interview scheduled was taken by a different person than mentioned in email.

Questions were based on resume, setup time, hold time Computer Architecture etc

Interview Questions

• Asked about Projects from Resume   Answer Question
    • Setup time, hold time?   Answer Question
    • Clock skew? Good or bad for a circuit with 2 flops and combinational logic in between.   1 Answer
    • Algorithm for finding 2 highest number in given series   Answer Question
    • What are different types of caches? explain   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied through on-campus career fair. Contacted by email from HR for 3 rounds of phone interviews. 2 technical and 1 based on resume and experience. Cleared the last phone screen and invited to on-site interview after. Consist of 5 technical interviews with team members and hiring managers. Team members are nice and knowledgeable.

ASIC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Asked mostly on SystemVerilog, VERILOG, and Universal Verification Methodlogy and Digital logic design questions. First round was telephonic round. Later they called for face to face round. It had four rounds. All were based on the above mentioned things

Interview Questions

• QUestions were very simple like given a program whats is the output, phases in UVM, implementimg gates using muxes etc.   1 Answer