NVIDIA ASIC Verification Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA ASIC Verification Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Boston, MA) in October 2018.

Interview

Good experience. Interviewer was good to talk to. ASIC Verification needs a good object oriented programming background. Prepare your OOP concepts well. Also study basic computer architecture concepts. All the best!

Interview Questions

• Data Structures:
    Linked Lists , Binary Search Tree Concept and Complexity. Hash Tables in C++/Python.

C++:
    Private vs Public
    Pass by Value vs Pass by Reference
    Pointer vs Reference

Computer Architecture:
    Pipelining
    What is Cache & Cache Performance (Hardware & Software)
    Cache Architecture
    Virtual Adress
    Address Translation
    TLB

Explain your Class/Internship Project   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Westford, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Two phone screens. One completely based on resume and the second consisted of basic conceptual questions from data structures, OOP concepts, advanced computer architecture, digital logic and design verification. Cleared the phone screens and made it to onsite where I met 6 people for 45 min each. The questions were again from the same topics as the phone interview but was more in depth. Had to constantly follow-up to get an answer after the onsite interview only to be told after 4 weeks that they chose someone else.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any very difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Recruiter reached out and was quick to set up a technical phone screen once I replied back with resume. Interviewer attempted to guage my skill level for various areas listed in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why is scrambling, encoding, and equalization used in PCI Express?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

2 hour long phone interviews followed by a 4.5 hour onsite.
    Phone interviewers were nice.

Interview questions were challenging and it would have been a great experience had it not been for some rude interviewer.

One of the interviewers was the rudest person i have come across. He started off by insulting thee way work at my current company (i work for a competitor). He also answered a phone call while i was answering a question, claiming that he answered it at that time since he was not able to receive the call on the day before. Yes, he thought that the best time to answer that call was while conducting an interview!!

People are smart but some of them really need learn interview etiquette and basic courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Basic pipelining, C/C++ and Perl coding, Verilog, FSMs, Caches   Answer Question

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

HR contacted to schedule phone interview with one of the team members, after clearing the first round a sec on interview was scheduled in the similar manner.

Interview Questions

• Question regarding Logic design, Verilog ,State Machine- pattern detection, Comp Arch- Pipeline, hazards, cache, associativity, Basic Perl were asked.   1 Answer

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Interview

just first round phone interview