NVIDIA Engineering Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Engineering Manager Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA).

Interview

This may be unusual - not everyone's experience may be like this.

During general introductions, the recruiter criticized my former employers and used some adjectives to compare them with NVidia. In trying to establish that they don't negotiate salaries, commented on my past choices.

I gave factual, courteous answers and focused on actual interviews that were about to start.

Sometimes recruiters don't realize that polite candidates might let unwelcoming language pass without retort, but they are impacting the NVidia's brand as an employer.

The interviews were fine in general but we didn't seem to be a match. I don't get surprised by odd questions or behaviour, but interviewers tended to cut my answers off mid-sentence. They did not like me setting context for my answers to what seemed like theoretical situation MCQ list. The role requires soft skills and situations are not black or white.

Interview Questions

• Normal people and project management questions, not too tough for me:
    Your strengths
    Your weaknesses.
    What would you do with a late feature request that can blow away your schedule?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews for a software engineering manager position: one 45 minute 1:1 with a VP and then a full day of interviews with 7 different people for six hours. They also had an engineer as part of the interview who asked questions about linked lists.

The managers I spoke with were great. The big exception was the HR rep. He never got back to me and hasn't responded to several e-mails. Considering I spent seven hours with these people a decency of a response would have been appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Code a thread-safe linked list in a multiprocessor environment. Unexpected for an experienced engineering manager interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

a normal interview process with the team and manager. a variety of questions - mostly to gauge experience - no specific technical questions. interview process was split over 2 - 3 days because of availability. interviews were rescheduled near the end so really didn't know who I would be interviewing with until the last minute - therefore couldn't research interviewers

Negotiation

1.5 months

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

I got a cold call from an aggressive recruiter. I wasn't really looking but agreed to come in and talk. I spoke to the manager of all hiring managers who does the initial screening process. We talked about my current job, and some of the opportunities at the company. Even thought I’m happy at my current job, I am worried in this economy so I was willing to explore possibilities. Eventually we concluded I might be a good for the systems group- but they didn’t have any current openings, so we parted ways and agreed to keep in touch. I connected with the manager on linked in, and that’s about it.

Interview Questions

• What is it aobut your current job that you do well and think would make you a good fit here?   Answer Question