NVIDIA Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

2 phone screens followed by an onsite. Met with multiple people from the team, management and also people from teams you would interact with. Everyone seemed stuck up on culture.
Even though i answered all the questions- technical and behavioral they kept coming back to how they need to find someone who would fit their culture.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

The recruiter asked me to fill out a questionnaire at the career fair on campus when I talked to him. The questionnaire was several pages with the first page for personal information and the following pages for open-ended questions. The questions were grouped together according to the job positions, and the one I did was for hardware part.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a hardware to detect the sequence "10110"? And how would you verify it?   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in September 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a member of memory design group. the interview was quite easy and I was expecting to be called for an on-site interview. But I was told that I did not have the requirements!

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Westford, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screen to onsite to offer in a span of a month. 4 rounds onsite.
    Phone screen was basically about my past experience.
    Onsite was challenging, and the interviews dived into various verification methodologies.

Interview Questions

• Given a specific DUT, how will I go about writing the UVM components required for verification.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by HR on LinkedIn. This was followed by two phone interviews. Neither of the phone interviews were technical. Most questions were about my resume and projects I had worked on. Finally, I was invited to an on-site. Again, all except one asked questions about my resume. Lunch was great!

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about my resume. One asked C programming questions.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Applied through website, previous experince help. The HR will contact you once you have applied there. The interview process is tiring. I ahvd 8-9 interviews. Expect 2 phone and 7 on site interviews

Interview Questions

• some tricky questions related to design, computer architecture   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

looking for a internship position. I got 2 phone interviews after attending univerisity career fair. The process is very slow. Some question about MOSFETs, gaussian distribution, C coding, verilog and OpAmp in the 1st interview. Timing analysis of digital circuits and operation mode of MOSFETs are focused on the 2nd interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in California, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (California, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, the officer called me at 4pm east time. It lasted for about 1hour with nothing but technical questions. First one is building the memory circuit using only the combinational logic.Second is state machine question, finding the first 1101 from a continuous 0&1 inputs.

Interview Questions

• the combinational logic question   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

What is an ARM?

Explain briefly ASIC design?

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clarita, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I had applied online on NVIDIA website. Got a call for initial phone screen. There were 2 phone screens back to back. First interview consisted of asic,vlsi design,digital design,c coding etc. Second phone interview consisted of computer architecture questions. Both of them went for about an hour. Then got a call for onsite. Onsite consisted of 6 back to back interviews. Each went for about 45 minutes. Question were based on computer architecture(cache,pipelining),fsm design(sequence detector) and the verilog code for the same,synthesis questions, a lot of questions on set up time and hold time,circuit design and puzzles.

Interview Questions

• design a fsm to detect 1011 and verilog code   1 Answer
    • what parameters affect cache performance   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't want to negotiate since the offer is very attractive