NVIDIA Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

3.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair. First round was a basic technical interview involving basics of programming such as pointers, algos. Second round was a coding round where they asked certain questions on algos

Interview Questions

• Delete given element from a doubly linked list, pointer dereferencing , basic os concepts   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2017.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews. It was for a very niche computer science role. After the second phone interviewer, I stopped receiving any update from the recruiter. I later found out that they decided to move forward with other candidates who had never even done the required skill for the internship whereas I had research experience and even taught that skill at a reputed university.

Thanks for humiliating me in this disgusting manner and wasting my precious time. Such arbitrariness is frustrating and depressing for me - I hope the company makes progress, but I am definitely never applying to NVIDIA again.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a campus career fair, then got an email back roughly a month later. 30 minute first round non-technical phone interview, then a full day at the office meeting and interviewing with the team. I met with 6 different team members in a very relaxed setting, talking about what they were working on and what I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• Items from resume, transistor physics, control loop stability   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA in October 2016.

Interview

I applied the interview through career fair, and about a week later got contact by HR, ended up having two rounds of phone interviews. A week before the interview, the HR sent me the interviewee I'm going to have, so I can look them up online and check their background and technical interest.

Interview Questions

• Introduce myself, then talk about the decision making/technical detail of the project I listed on the resume   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I got the opportunity via my college. The first round of screening was a objective type set of questions. It had 4 sections i.e. c/c++, OS, DS, Aptitude The interview consisted of questions about Projects mentioned in resume, c++ and data structures. It was a long one. The interview is long enough to test your depth of knowledge. The interviewers were quite friendly and made environment comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Questions based out on my resume, Object oriented programming and data structures.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 7 phone interviews (Me beeing in europe and talking to people in the US) and took about 2 months from initial contact to getting to ok. The talks were were less about verifying technical knowledge (I guess because that was already established) and more about organizational stuff, telling about my previous projects and giving me the chance to ask the interviewers questions about NVIDIA, the internship, working and living in Santa Clara / California, etc.

All in all, it was almost like chatting with friends and having a beer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

1 rounds of interview done. Still ongoing. His questions were quite simple and was very friendly. There was no review of my resume and the interview directly started off with 2 questions on digital electronics. Even though it's for an ASIC intern position, programming is a must.

Interview Questions

• 1) Divide by 2 clock, 2) divide by 3 using the divide by 2 clock (to get 50% duty cycle) and 3) reverse a linked list.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Stony Brook, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of technical discussions where they asked about kernel programming, mutex , multithreading. Some questions were analytical and other were mostly technical. It also included data structures and algorithms questions.

Interview Questions

• Implement a multithreaded program in C.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NVIDIA in November 2015.

Interview

Initially got a call from a recruiter that there was interest by multiple hiring managers for my resume. Got set up to talk to one team, which the recruiting coordinator set up. I tried asking the recruiting coordinator about the teams that I was specifically interviewing for, but she said that she did not have access to that information, and that the initial recruiter must have set up these interviews only based on common interests between the team and my resume.

That was a mistake. The software engineer, during my technical interview thought I was applying for a full time position, and that too for a position where I had no experience, and had no mention of it on my resume. The interviewer and I shared a couple laughs about this, and we still proceeded to the interview, where he said that I would be a good fit, but wouldn't enjoy the role as much.

Got rejected a couple days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

It was short and precise interview. All the questions were hardware implementation related although i applied for an Software Intern. I did ask for the area of the project for which i was being considered and it was answered to be software implementation on different android platform like mobile, etc. and work could be on frameworks, etc.

Interview Questions

• How to handle interrupt racing condition?   1 Answer
    • Why do we have two separate modes (kernel and user mode) for CPU?   Answer Question