NVIDIA Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

3.6

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

This is for ASIC Design intern position - 3 telephonic rounds - mostly on digital design, cdc.. first 2 rounds were easy. 3rd round was tough. Basic logic design questions and resume projects in detail.

Interview Questions

• logic gates using muxes, setup and hold time equations, resume questions, clock gating, cdc etc..   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Columbus, OH) in February 2019.

Interview

One phone interview. I applied online, and then they reach me back and set a time for a phone interview. It was one-hour phone interview fist talks about projects and resume shortly and then asked one question and improve the question based on that.

Interview Questions

• Write a class to implement sparse vector and different operation on it like addition and multiplication. Then write several test cases.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I tried to apply for the summer intern last year in Shanghai. I guess I passed the first technical phone interview, hence, I got the second one. But no response after that. The questions are really hard and most of them are out of my academic knowledge. For instance, it seems like chip companies really require script skills like Perl. It is not a hard skill to learn, but I did not get access to that part at school anyway. They also asked about the project but clearly, that is not their major focus. The whole process seems like some experienced guys bullying a newbie like me, and I don't know if that is a usual scene to see. Anyhow, it is depressing and frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Verilog related. (Difference between wire and reg for instance.)   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA in August 2017.

Interview

It was all Started with Apptitude test . Test was Tough enough . It had 4 sections with C ,C++ section focusing on Bitwise operations and pointer related questions .
    OS had questions on deadlock ,disk scheduling ,TLB etc . Data structures had applied questions in sorting determing complexity etc Apptitude was easiest one had simple questions.After Apptitude there was 1 or 2 technical round depends on ur performance in 1 St.
    Tell about how C program is processed .
    Differentiate between static and Global variable. Simple 2-3 C codes .
    Booting process in OS

Interview Questions

• How 6 rectangle are formed using 12 matchsticks ?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Pune (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

There was aptitude round consisting of quantitative aptitude, logical , c/cpp, data structures,and operating system. questions basics. Then shortlisted candidates were sent for the Interview process where puzzles and coding questions were asked. It was lengthy and went on for about 30-45 minutes. There was no HR round after this.

Interview Questions

• If there is no '/' supported by your system how will you perform division ?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

They apply criteria. Students like us who focus on practical things rather than focusing on just marks, we even don't get chance to show their stuff learned in college. Our projects speaks a lot than marks.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Pune (India)) in May 2018.

Interview

we had interview at their office in Pune.
    30 candidates were short listed. We first had an aptitude test before. It was based on C and C++, Data Structures, OS and Analytical. Each section had different weight age. You have to clear all of them.

Interview Questions

• output of a c program
      counting number of objects created
      to check if number is power of 2
      substring in a string   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

The interview process was consisted of 2 phone interviews, each one lasted 45 minutes. After each interview I waited one day top to hear back from my recruiter. In addition to these questions I was also asked about my previous internships and projects.

Interview Questions

• Write a function f that parses the array a[100] , and outputs b[100].
      b[100] = f(a[100])

Examples
      a[100] = [1 2 ... 100] // a contains numbers in range 1-100 in unique and increasing order
             = [1 2 4 6 7 ... 100 0 0] // 3 and 5 missing b[100] = [3 5 0 .. 0]
             = [0 ..... 0] // b= [1 2 .. 100]
             = [1 .. 40 0 ..0] // b = [41 .. 100 0 .. 0]
             = [2 5 6 ... 99 0 0 0] // b = [ 1 3 4 100 0 .. 0 ]   Answer Question
    • Multiple clock domain question:
      A signal comes from fast clock domain to slow clock domain, and its duration is one clock cycle. We need to produce a signal in the second clock domain that lasts also one clock cycle. (Rising edge of the second clock cycle could miss the input signal).   Answer Question
    • Return by value and reference: advantages/disadvantages   Answer Question
    • Write memcpy and memmove in C/C++   Answer Question
    • using the function int rand5() -> [0..4], get this function: int rand7() -> [0..6]   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

The interviewer asked questions related to the skills/projects mentioned in the resume.Whatever skills/projects you have mentioned in the resume you should be familiar with that in depth.They asked questions on digital logic design, computer architecture and algorithms.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Goa (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA (South Goa (India)) in August 2019.

Interview

Checked the basic understanding of concepts and questioned extensively on projects completed. There was a resume shortlisting round followed by a technical interview and an HR round which happened together.