NVIDIA Design Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Design Engineer Intern Interview Questions

4.0

ASIC Design Engineer - Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2013.

Interview

I was selected through a college campus fair event, where they selected my application based on answers given for set of design questions. I answered 3 phone interviews spread out over 1.5 months. HR would mail me, asking for availability over 2 weeks time. The hiring managers and HR are very prompt and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Design clock switchers without any glitch.   2 Answers

ASIC Design Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA in May 2009.

Interview

Applied online, received mail from HR to setup phone interview. Was asked technical questions related to FIFO implementation. Rest of the interview was on the projects I have done. The questions on FIFOs was related to the cases handling overflow of packets and also deciding the size of the FIFO, also what should be the size of the buffer if there is a leak in the system.

Interview Questions

• What should be the size of the buffer in a FIFO receiving data packets at a certain rate?   1 Answer
    • What should be the size if it is receiving data and also loosing some packets ?   1 Answer