NVIDIA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

two phone interviews, no on-site yet

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview: Basics about Inverter

Interview Questions

• Design a circuit with only one PMOS which functions as an inverter   1 Answer

Hardware (Test) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

got an interview call after college career fair.
    had first phone interview about 45mins long
    then was asked for 2 more in weeks time.
    had back to back interviews with 2 different people each lasting about an hour.
    was not expecting an offer as I didnt know any "Test" related subjects and entire last interview was about testing but I guess they were impressed by approach rather than actual answers.

Interview Questions

• phone interview 1 -
      cache related question (extending the question solved at career fair, the guy had my paper with him)
      Explain cache replacement policies.
      which cache replacement policy is better ?
      show it by giving some memory accesses.
      Virtual memory question (extension of career fair question)
      Explain virtual memory mechanism

phone interview 2
      C++ coding questions
      write a swap function
      write Fibonacci function (recursively and non recursively)

Data structure questions
      explain linked list
      can you code it (I told I dont know how to)

phone interview 3
      Test related questions
      Do you know TAP controller ? (I didnt at that time)
      if there are n inputs and m outputs how many patterns will be needed to test the circuit completely? (I replied 2^n :p )
      explain stuck at fault models (I didnt know this either)
      he explained stuck at model to me and ask me how will you find if the wire is suck at 0 or not
      didnt know the answer but tried explaining my approach (which was correct as I learnt later activate and propagate).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Recruiter call followed by a technical phone interview
    Asked question on basic c concepts and string questions
    The team actually wanted a experienced candidate and the interviewer gave a positive review that they are going to get back in a day and schedule onsite but the recruiter said they did not need anyone now and and interview was scheduled

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied to position through the company's job website. Went through phone screen which was all technical. Was not given the chance to ask any questions. About a week later made it for onsite interview. I interviewed with about 5 engineers including the engineering manager and an architect. Because all of the interviews consisted of hard problem-solving technical questions and none of which focused on behavioral interviewing it was a mentally taxing interview (8 hours long) and led me to believe that likely there are some hard-to-deal with people in the group.

I answered all of the technical questions correctly. But then the manager asked me a simple question about the design. I at first didn't understand the question and didn't answer it correctly. This peeved the manager who re-asked the question --but this time in a very irritated tone. Even though I had answered his technical questions (some of which are better suited to a software engineering developing C++ than a DV engineering coding SystemVerilog) correctly I feel something interpersonal happened.

Anyway, after a week of waiting I never did get a yes/no answer back from the company and had to email the HR person to find get the final answer. It's always better for the company to give an answer back, because if the company never responds yes/no it makes the company look very disorganized and unprofessional which I think is probably an aspect to the group I interviewed with and is also evident from my experience working with former Nvidia employees who are touted as the "best and brightest" from this organization.

Interview Questions

• What as most difficult about the design you verified?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2014.

Interview

Meet with them on Campus Career Fair and was given a quiz to complete after I handed them my resume. Few weeks later I received a technical phone interview. They sent me some C code which I had to look over and debug. They then asked me how I could improve the code.

ASIC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Converted from an intern

Negotiation

Good. They matched the best offer I had.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Contacted by HR after submitting resume online in Jan. But she told me they were looking for the next full semester. I did not promise anything and had a phone interview with one engineer. Basic questions about C++ and OS and we did not move forward later. They asked project experience. paper coding question. what is static variable in c++. what is mutex and virtual memory

Infrastructure Architect Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone screen, the next step (presumably) would be an on-site interview. This is after a quick test at my university's career fair 3 weeks ago.

Interview Questions

• Why is the string class in Java immutable?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a hashtable and hashmap in Java?   Answer Question
    • Explain the differences in design between REST and SOAP web services   Answer Question

Interview

NVIDIA has a thorough process for interviewing. Expect to speak to between 5-12 people for any Director of above position. Rapid succession interviews with a lot of very smart people can be tiring.