NVIDIA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2017.

Interview

Meet the recruiter at campus career fair. Took more than a month to get the email back. 30 Minutes phone technical interview, ask about details about the projects, data structure, and algorithms. No futher conversation after the phone screen.

VLSI Engineering Interview

Interview

The interview took about 45 min. I was asked about my current research and Design for Test background. Asked some basic concepts about VLSI testing. Such as what is scan chain, how to implement a scan chain, what is set up time, what is hold time. Then asked a question about hold time violation.

Senior Deep Learning Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one onsite with seven 1-hour interviews in sequence, eminently technical.

Each of the onsite interviewers had a particular area of focus -- it's pretty clear that they had prearranged which topics each person was going to cover because there was no overlap between them.

The interviewers were friendly, smart and asked very relevant questions for the job. No weird quizzes, trivia questions or personality assessment. All of them had a number of questions that required whiteboard, whether writing some code, designing an algorithm or such. They weren't trying to catch you but rather they wanted to see how you approach a problem that you haven't seen before.

As I said, they were all friendly and treated me like a coworker, which made it a pleasant experience.

Physical Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Campus recruiting, submitted my resume and did a quiz related to VLSI that afternoon. Got a email for setting up an phone interview 3 weeks later. There were two physical design design teams I talked to. One is asking basic VLSI questions related to CMOS and timing, as well as some very simple c++. Second team is very focused on my resume and asked a lot of questions related to power gating, clock gating, CTS, etc. I got the second phone interview a week later and the guy asked some more basic VLSI questions and also asked some scripting questions, I chose Perl related questions, also very basic.

Software Engineer - Data Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

2 telephonic rounds discussing projects and skills on my resume.
    The HRs took a week or two to schedule next rounds.
    Most interview schedules were confirmed a day or two prior.
    6 onsite interviews!

Felt the interview process was very slow and interviewers were not serious

Interview Questions

• The questions were very easy related to my resume. How good are you with python elasticsearch and Big Data   1 Answer

Tradeshow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Knoxville, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied for this position in the first quarter of 2016. Got an email about an interview in February of 2017. Went through two great interviews with no offer. Felt like the position was already filled.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions to answer would be what products and services do you know about Nvidia besides GPU's and explain   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got emails from recruiter after 2 months for 3 phone interviews and then followed by 1 day onsite interview. Interview went pretty good but not sure what they are looking for. I chased recruiter several time and always got response that they will get back within week.
    Never got Yes or No. Felt bad as I wasted 2 days for them.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Redmond, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Good interview, easy questions, very easy to answer and easy to crack the interview for systems guys. I liked the interview was helpful and was also helping a lot. I was aksed to solve every 10 mins.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2017.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews. It was for a very niche computer science role. After the second phone interviewer, I stopped receiving any update from the recruiter. I later found out that they decided to move forward with other candidates who had never even done the required skill for the internship whereas I had research experience and even taught that skill at a reputed university.

Thanks for humiliating me in this disgusting manner and wasting my precious time. Such arbitrariness is frustrating and depressing for me - I hope the company makes progress, but I am definitely never applying to NVIDIA again.

ASIC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online, and HR contacted saying there will be a 45 min phone round. I was contacted by one of the team member and it was a complete technical coding interview