NVIDIA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

3.2

Android Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

First one was brief technical phone interview on core java. Second was also a phone interview with a simple programming challenge on string comparison. The interviewer was checking on the method followed to solve the problem.

Deep Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

On Campus. The process took 3 weeks. Had 3 rounds back to back for 45 minutes each. Last round stretched a bit for more than 1 hour. Had healthy conversations with the interviewer. Algorihmic knowledge tested, concepts on Machine Learning and Deep Learning were asked. Was asked about the projects on the Resume in detail. Got the result in 2 weeks duraction after following up with HR.

Interview Questions

• 1. Expression Tree given as input. Evaluate the expression.
      2. Counting the number of ways to climb a ladder.
      3. A problem on Template Matching - Computer Vision.
      4. Few Machine Learning Concepts - explaining algorithms.
      5. Many Deep Learning Concepts - explaining the details on how training is done.
      6. Coin change problem.
      7. Resume based questions and was ask to code an algorithm implemented in one of my projects.

VLSI Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through university as well as recruiters. Don't know how resume reached manager.
    2-3 rounds depending on manager.
    1st round resume and general VLSI -- Manager
    2nd round even more VLSI and some coding -- Sr. Engineer

Both phone rounds.

Interview Questions

• All STA, Physical Design, timing power optimization questions.
      C++ , perl knowledge required

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Recruiter reached out and was quick to set up a technical phone screen once I replied back with resume. Interviewer attempted to guage my skill level for various areas listed in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why is scrambling, encoding, and equalization used in PCI Express?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I set up a time for a phone interview with a coordinator and when that time came around nobody called. I emailed the coordinator as instructed but no response. I didn't hear anything for over a week until I emailed them asking them what was going on and if the position was filled or something.
    The coordinator said something along the lines of oh yeah sorry about that we would love to reschedule...so we did. Then an hour before the time of that interview I got a call from the coordinator asking if we could reschedule to the next day. So we rescheduled once again.
    When I finally spoke with the interviewer she was incredibly rude. She made so many assumptions about me without knowing anything about me and put me down multiple times. She was ill informed as many things she said were not true even though she had the information right in front of her on my resume.
    Honestly after all this I was kind of over it anyways but I really don't think an interviewer has the right to be completely rude to you especially after the company was so unprofessional.
    She told me I was not the right fit and that I needed to focus on certain things but I am not really looking to follow in her footsteps so I am good and will find my own way.

One thing I can say is the NVIDIA recruiter was very nice and responsive and helped me every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change jobs after such a short time?   1 Answer

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Two Phone screens
    Phone screens were some basic comp arch and c++ coding question (linked lists)
    NVidia does many phone screens, sometimes it can be 3

Very Slow to respond after final interview
    May have you interview with two separate teams

1 onsite in Santa Clara
    5 different interviewers back to back
    1 designer, 1 manager, 3 verification engineers

Interview Questions

• In Person:
      -simple assembly instructions, verify hazards
      -complex design, methodology for verification
      -design memory in c, run times
      -rotate sorted array, binary search algo with shifted array
      -reverse linked list
      1 Answer

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was a bit messed up. The first person I was supposed to meet did not show up until about half hour. Then the second person was called who I was interviewing with and the first person just barged in to say sorry without caring if I really acknowledged it. Then it was people showing up in random order than what I was given the schedule. Anyway I talked from 11 - 3 pm.

Interview Questions

• -some memory mapping question (figure out the issue). there was some flag that made the memory sharable
      - memory aligning to some boundary (n- 2,3,4...)
      - implement a mutex in assembly
      - copying stuff to SD card (on a netwrok) and problems related to that..
      1 Answer

Unified Communications and Collaboration Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Saw the opportunity via LinkedIn in and applied on company web site. After a phone screening, participated in an in-person interview. Two rounds, of 3-4 team members each. First round was jr managers to whom I would be working with and leading. Second round were peers to the position, to which I would also be working with day to day.

The people conducting the interview did not have a strong knowledge of the position, or the work that would be required to be successful. I found them unqualified to assess my skillets, experience, or ability to fulfill the position requirements. It felt as though the process was targeted to "find the right person" rather than an individual who had the skills and experience to perform the work.

My impression of the culture was that, it is more important for the organization to hire people that the teams like, rather than hire people who are qualified to hold the position. This was reinforced when questioning the challenges and operational processes that the organization has.

Had an offer been presented, I would have declined.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in servicing technology that is not at all required for the position though would allow me to evaluate with something I'm familiar with   1 Answer

Computer Vision Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2016.

Interview

Three Calls from Hiring Managers/ Team Leaders

Team Managers had difficulty finding a time slot in the time frame THEY proposed. One call had to be rescheduled just hours before the time to an after hour call in the evening. Interviewers seemed to not have read the resume prior to the call.

Interview Questions

• What have you done and how does this relate to what you want to work on at Nvidia
      Tell us your Machine Learning experience
      Explain SIFT
      What is the workflow for Structure from Motion

Standard C++ questionss (always the same):
      - What is a virtual class
      - What is an inline function
      - What is a static member variable

DFT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

1 phone interview, 5 on-sight interviews 5 interviewers interviewed me back to back for 4 hours
    The phone interview went nearly 45-50 min
    Each on sight round was for 45-50 min without any break
    The HR services there is pathetic - 6 emails and 2 phone calls, which they didn't answer, from my side and then they give me the result that too without any solid reason.
    If I was not fit for the role why did they keep me hanging for nearly a month without any intermediate update. If it takes so much time to make a decision, I doubt the skills of hiring team

Interview Questions

• Basic Digital design and Basic DFT   1 Answer