NVIDIA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

The interview process went well. I was referred by a friend. I had 2 rounds. First was a simple round of resume review. Second round had simple tech questions. Both the interviewers said I did well.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

It was pretty easy. Since i had an experience from Qualcomm, the questions were oriented towards that. Pretty easy to crack with right preparation and confidence. Glassdoor was really helpful in my preparation and It made me feel prepared during my interview. According to me, Nvidia focuses on logical concepts rather than theory that we study. Make sure you know the basisc well and observe every word the interviewer talks to you.

Interview Questions

• Setup, hold time. Which violation cannot be solved after chip tape out? Question on Automation side- using hash table.   1 Answer

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Westford, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone screen which was basically an overview of my resume and an introduction to Nvidia and the group. I was invited to an on site interview the following week. It had 6 rounds. All except one were technical and there was a lot of focus on test bench architecture and methodology.

Interview Questions

• fibonacci series, OOP concepts, heap vs. stack storage, virtual class and functions   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (New York, NY).

Interview

Received Email from recruiter to schedule a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. During the interview, it was not with the Hiring Manager, and the person had 0 talking skills. It was awkward

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NVIDIA in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a team lead who asked questions about my PhD thesis and work experience. Next week I had second phone interview with another team lead who also asked about PhD thesis and past work experience. After that I did not hear from the company for 3 months. I kept asking the recruiter. Finally they got back and scheduled a third phone interview. After that I was told they would not continue with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my PhD thesis and past work experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA in October 2016.

Interview

I applied the interview through career fair, and about a week later got contact by HR, ended up having two rounds of phone interviews. A week before the interview, the HR sent me the interviewee I'm going to have, so I can look them up online and check their background and technical interest.

Interview Questions

• Introduce myself, then talk about the decision making/technical detail of the project I listed on the resume   Answer Question

Hardware Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I talked with NVIDIA people on on-campus career fair, they're quite nice and didn't ask many technical problems. The next day I did a quiz on computer architecture, it's more about concept, no calculation is needed. It's neither too easy nor too difficult. No response yet. They have two different quiz for hardware people, one on architecture and one on physical design.

Interview Questions

• draw a graph that shows how pipeline's working.
      design a state machine.
      write simple C code.   Answer Question

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I went to CMU's TOC job fair and talked with a recruiter there. I applied for graphics software engineer internship and he asked me several questions about graphics. I was not able to answer them right away as I've just been taking computer graphics class for 2 weeks... (as I just started my graduate education)

Interview Questions

• What is depth test? What is culling? What's early culling and late culling? What are the benefits and downsides of them?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in September 2016.

Interview

A few weeks after applying online, a recruiter emailed about my availability for a phone interview. It was scheduled for a few days later for 45 minutes. A member of the team the position was with called on time and asked questions about my background. He stuck to the scheduled 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Provide a summary of a project you worked on with big data.   Answer Question

GPU Tool Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Beaverton, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

Simply the worst company I have dealt with. Extremely slow or no responses at all. I had to reach out to the HR person just about every time I completed a stage. First time I gave her 2 weeks, then reached out. Still took another week to get a response. Second time I only waited a week, took another 3 day to get a response.
      The job was basically writing "glue" code to tie together advanced tools, and to support the designers. A job I had more than 10 years of experience in. But the last technical phone screen person started asking about advanced algorithms. He admitted it was a small % of the job, but continued to press for actual code. I explained that I just ask people who know for help if I get stuck on such things, but he still pressed. I was pretty sure I wasn't getting the job at that point.
    After two more weeks of no contact from the HR person, I reached out and got a very fast not interested email. So clearly it was on her to do list...
      No other company has been this disrespectful of my time.
    Hopefully it was just that one HR person or something.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to code up an undirected graph and do something with it. I don't recall the something. Graphs were never my strongest... I am mostly a scripter, which was what the job was. So never got through this question.   Answer Question