NVIDIA Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

3.2

Senior Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

There were two screening level on phone.Each Interview lasts for 45 min.
    Asked a few questions about my projects on my resume and some questions on basics engineering .Glassdoor feedback was helpful

Interview Questions

• Draw Cmos inverter.What would happen if we swap Pmos and Nmos.What if Nmos is connected to VDD.
      Questions regarding .lib,LEF, Antenna file content .
       How do we define rectilinear polygon in LEF..
      Multicycle Path calculation for setup and hold .
      Draw 4 Input NAND Gate using 2 -Input NAND Gate
      what is index table defined in .lib file.
      How do we define antenna rules in techfile

What are all challenges faced in your recent project.
      Questions were more from your resume.
      Any scripting which is hard for you.
      Tell us more about colored flow.

Computer Vision Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the entire process took 3 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2017 after an initial phone screen. I'd say it was worth it despite not getting an offer -- interviewer was very helpful throughout the process.

Business Systems Analyst - Human Resource Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

1. Recruiter called and scheduled an interview process with the below 3
    Sarfaraz Zaman, Anith Phillip and Mohan Ganganala.

2. They are very much confused me about the role, one ask tell me about Workday, the other ask tell me about ordertocash ERP process and the other says you have not worked on HR module, so I am not sure what they are looking for?

Workday experienced guy wont join, it is a unique skill like DBA and they are all long term employee , bottom like they are looking for an expert yet junior.

Notice this position is open for more than 8-9 months, and they are still looking for an expert in workday. The person Anith worked on workday for many years, so she wants some one to report to her at later point of time, that's the internal news.

They must hire a business analysts and train the person in workday, because when i was looking for a workday or human resource related modules, it was difficult to find one.

Interview Questions

• Questions:
      1. Describe Workday integration with other module, how did you do ? explain the steps
      2. Define mapping and hierarchy of HR Org in the system ,where exactly you define.
      3. Describe one HR related module you have implemented end to end.
      4. They asked me, about ERP order to cash process, how does the inbound and outbound interface work, what are steps involved.
      5. No sql queries no technical questions asked

Senior Deep Learning Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one onsite with seven 1-hour interviews in sequence, eminently technical.

Each of the onsite interviewers had a particular area of focus -- it's pretty clear that they had prearranged which topics each person was going to cover because there was no overlap between them.

The interviewers were friendly, smart and asked very relevant questions for the job. No weird quizzes, trivia questions or personality assessment. All of them had a number of questions that required whiteboard, whether writing some code, designing an algorithm or such. They weren't trying to catch you but rather they wanted to see how you approach a problem that you haven't seen before.

As I said, they were all friendly and treated me like a coworker, which made it a pleasant experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got emails from recruiter after 2 months for 3 phone interviews and then followed by 1 day onsite interview. Interview went pretty good but not sure what they are looking for. I chased recruiter several time and always got response that they will get back within week.
    Never got Yes or No. Felt bad as I wasted 2 days for them.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very fast-track due to high interest in my skills and experience. Received a phone call the next day and the screen went well, interviews were setup very quickly and some interviewers were amazed how quickly it happened.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve <blah> given x, y and z? (confidential)   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Wasted my time and their time. The process began with two phone interviews with marketing. The HR person that set it up was fine and professional enough. First phone interviewer was not prepared in the least and did not stick to the schedule,called me very late after scheduled time.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Interview went very well. Professional and punctual folks.I am filling words here to meet the minimum criteria for this field. Ok, what else -- did a 5 round onsite + 2 rounds of phone interviews. More of C++ and design questions. Very little system verilog.

Interview Questions

• PHONE :
      1. Pass by value/ pass by reference. Write a function to swap 2 variables - ll u use pass by value or reference ?
      2. Do the same to swap 2 objects (how does it change)
      2. Detect 11010 sequence with moore and mealy state machines.
      3. Use of const ? What ll happen if you declare above 2 objects as const.
      4. Explain NB assignment and blocking assignment. About event regions.
      5. Fibonacci -- iterative solution and recursive solution.
      6. Disadvantages of a recursive solution.
      7. Output of this code fragment :
      c=5;
      b<=c;
      a=5;
      end
      what is output of all registers.
      8. Explain RISC pipeline. What is the problems.
      9. Explain about uvm driver etc.

ONSITE :
      round 1: Round Robin Arbiter Design

round 2 : (1) Given a stack class implementation (LIFO) - there are 3 methods - push(), pop(), isempty(). Write a class using objects of given class to implement a FIFO. (2) Make best performance
      Implement the dist functionality in c++. Given a set of weights mimic to provide randomization skewed to the specification (Basically, write a function that would do something similar to a 'dist' in system verilog).

round 3 : Given a divide by 3 state machine. Implement a divide by 5 statemachine. How many vectors are needed to verify it. So the circuit takes serial bit inputs and asserts if the number is a multiple of 3 or 5.

round 4 : Circuits project. Basic pipeline architecture. Design a pipeline for a histogram processor. In every cycle we get an instruction (CLR, ADD INCR). Handle dependencies using bypass.

round 5 : Given a producer and consumer. They are clocked with the same clock. Producer produces 80 writes for 100 clocks (no random). Consumer reads 8 times per 10 clocks. Find the FIFO depth. Write RTL and verify.
      8 Answers

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had phone interview, duration about 45 min. The man who interview me was very cool and pleasant. This was my first "big" interview so i had stage fright. It was a difficult because I had not share document so communication was only by phone. It is difficult to dictate code by phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

be relaxed

Deep Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

On Campus. The process took 3 weeks. Had 3 rounds back to back for 45 minutes each. Last round stretched a bit for more than 1 hour. Had healthy conversations with the interviewer. Algorihmic knowledge tested, concepts on Machine Learning and Deep Learning were asked. Was asked about the projects on the Resume in detail. Got the result in 2 weeks duraction after following up with HR.

Interview Questions

• 1. Expression Tree given as input. Evaluate the expression.
      2. Counting the number of ways to climb a ladder.
      3. A problem on Template Matching - Computer Vision.
      4. Few Machine Learning Concepts - explaining algorithms.
      5. Many Deep Learning Concepts - explaining the details on how training is done.
      6. Coin change problem.
      7. Resume based questions and was ask to code an algorithm implemented in one of my projects.