NVIDIA Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

252 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

High Level Technical Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with several team members all day at the beautiful new Endeavor campus. Based on the Glassdoor reviews, at first I was worried that they might ask random academic questions just because it's Silicon Valley, but actually the vast majority of questions were relevant to the areas of expertise needed for the job.

It took about a week after the interview to get declined.

I have the impression that NVIDIA is an amazing company, probably one of the best places to work in the country right now if you want to be on the cutting edge of AI.

The only suggestion I have (if the company is reading this) is to have someone on the interview team send a note with personalized feedback if NVIDIA is genuine about the wording in the rejection letter about encouraging me to apply for new openings. I have a rare skill set that is difficult to find on the market, and the team interviews seemed to go well. So I can imagine the company reaching out to me again at some point if there is an opening that is a better match, but I am not sure it that's just a boilerplate rejection letter (probably) or they genuinely want me to apply again.

Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions about projects at my existing job that have similar technical challenges facing the NVIDIA projects   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Telephone interview, followed up with on-site screen, plus another full round of 5.
    Nvidia doesn't know how to interview, they were light on work related questions like DV technologies or debugging questions or how to work with difficult people, or why I want to work in Nvidia. Anybody with CS or EE degree knows DS and can refer to a book.

Interview Questions

• Data Structure (DS), Computer pipelines, Memory Organizations, Verilog, State machine pattern detector. Practice programming of some DS operations on white board or computer   1 Answer

Cloud Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview called and talked to me for a little over an hour, and left me with a homework problem that he wanted back within another hour. So, the whole process was about two hours. The interviewer was very rude and disrespectful. He started out questioning why I would even be a software engineer or interviewing for such a position, which made no sense since I've been a software engineer for many years. There were generic questions about things I've done, and the interviewer frequently interrupted me, and attempted to correct me with statements that were not really correct.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing recently? What are some recent tasks? The homework problem was vague and confusing. He described it at a very high leve. He wanted to do some multi-threaded code in Go, with the worker threads calling some function that had been provided at "Group Initialization". The interviewer had obviously just come up with the question on the spur of the moment, and hadn't given it much thought.   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. Had a few phone screens, then was invited out for an in-person interview.

The entire process moves extremely quickly, and the recruiters are extremely prompt with responding to your questions.

No feedback was provided on the interview, but the entire process is incredibly smooth.

Autonomous Driving Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Seems the HR forwards my resume to a different group... Asked me some knowledge in C++11 (smart pointers, vectors), operating system(semaphore vs mutex, process vs thread) and an algorithm problem (no need to code on computer)

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

HR contacted me by email, and we were able to schedule two phone interviews within a week. It was phone interviews with two software developers of the same team. It's all coding questions for both interviews. The interviewers were very helpful when I have question on the coding problems.

Interview Questions

• one coding questions on binary trees, and another one on strings.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online for a university graduate role. I was contacted several months later and had a phone interview with a software engineer on the team I would be working for. I passed that and was flown to the office for 7 45 minutes interviews with each member of the team.

Interview Questions

• Create a synchronization barrier for a multithreaded task.   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Process was 1 phone interview then onsite after a week. Onsite interview was unorganized. Interviewers were not sure about the position they were interviewing about. Each interviewer had different perspective about the position. Very technical questions, it's more of sharing my experience and knowing about company and the product. Overall it is wasting every ones time. Suggestion: Be clear about what you want, before inviting for on-site process.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in this area?   1 Answer

Senior Linux Kernel Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

HR set up the phone screen, A guy called me and used collabedit to ask me question about how to read a value from a running counter. I told him to use mutex to run the two threads mutually exclusive : one thread for updating(write) the counter and one thread for reading the counter. But he had no idea on how the mutex works. After the phone screen, I also emailed him a sample codes. He never replied.

Sr Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

2.5 months and 9 rounds (2 telephonic and 7 onsite) down, the whole communication channel just vanished in thin air! If the company is hiring a candidate with 13 years experience, they should as well have basic courtesy to say a yes or no. Basically, I spent days and days together to go through all 9 rounds and the HR simply decided not to respond to any follow up emails that I sent asking for a decision. Extremely horrible recruitment process and utterly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• several questions - hard to outline here   1 Answer