NVIDIA Senior Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Senior Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

4.0

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume online. Got contact from the HR in about a week. Phone interview with the hiring manager. One week later had on-site interview with 9 people. Got offer one week later.

The overall process is very efficient. I am impressed. One of the sharpest design teams I have ever come across. The management is very good, too. Sure, it is not surprising that the interview itself can be difficult to some people. This is how the company picked up the best people, right?

Interview Questions

• Most people there have very strong background so expect lots of algorithm/design quiz. It is really not much different from, say, interview at Google.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very Lengthy, 5 interviews including 2 phone screens, 1 group interview, 2 onsite interviews. The interviews were done in about 2 months time. Did not hear from HR for the longest time. Almost thought it was not meant to be. But then out of the blue got a call almost 2.5 months later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the CMOS transistor operation   1 Answer

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA in April 2014.

Interview

Three phone screens: One technical interview (Lot of systemverilog/UVM questions). Scoreboard stuff and past work experience - this was tough
    Two Manger/Technical phone interviews: Testplanning, previous work experience, interests and general stuff

Interview Questions

• After three phone screens, I was invited on-site
      Four rounds:
      1) Verification (SV, UVM questions), coverage, knowledge on tools, simulator (VCS) questions, how to write testplan. I was given a simple DUT, and was asked questions about scoreboard for the design (I spent 40 mins writing a scoreboard code in UVM)

2) Perl: Problem solving skills were tested using perl. Complicate hash usage, basic File IO was observed

3) Lunch : general technical discussions. Where do I see myself

4) Logic design stuff

I was in hurry to get a offer because I had others in hand. So I forced the HR to give decision immediately. I got offer next day, with a good pay   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, on-site interview. I interviewed years ago so I don't remember all the details. I interviewed with 5 people and most of the interview process was technical based. Folks from multiple groups interviewed me.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

One phone screen by hiring manager. 2 onsite interviews with 4-5 engineers, with 45 minutes for each engineer. I believe I had already gotten the okay after the first round and the second round was to meet the rest of the group and chat with them to see if they had an issues with me.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed for a software-centric role in the hardware organization. Hardware questions as well as software and design questions. Scripting in perl and coding in c++ as well as algorithmic questions.   1 Answer

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

Need guys who are sharp and can pick up things easily. They had good experience with handling multiple things at a time. Good institute, CGPA etc added bonus. Need to be real sharp with digital fundamental.