NVIDIA Senior Platform Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NVIDIA

1 Interview Review

Senior Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Two weeks later a recruiter got back with me to schedule a phone screen. I had a phone screen with an engineer from the screen and it went well. One week later I had a second phone screen with the hiring manager on a Friday. I asked if we could expedite the interview process and they were able to get me into an on-site interview the next Wednesday. I heard back with a decision around two weeks later.

Throughout the interview process I was treated very well. I was asked technical questions, leadership questions, communication question, and some creative thinking questions. Everything we discussed during the interview process was very relevant to my background, the team, and the work I would be doing.

Unlike many other interview I recently went through Nvidia treated me like a person. I felt a high level of mutual respect and trust. The general process felt a lot smoother and more natural than the rigid series of questions I was given at other big companies.

I was left with a very good understanding of the role, the requirements, what they were looking for, and how life would be at the company. It left me feeling good like this was a company I would actually want to be at.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about me background, project I have done, problems I have encountered etc.

They asked me how I would approach a few different problems (real problems I'd likely face in the job). They were mostly interested in my problem solving approach, breadth of knowledge, and some level of depth.

They asked me some CS fundamentals questions.

They asked me some networking fundamentals questions. (networking, web, etc.)

They asked me some infrastructure questions (DevOps, Docker, etc.)

Everything was relevant to the role, my background, or something I should have reasonably known.   1 Answer