NVIDIA Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.4

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got emails from recruiter after 2 months for 3 phone interviews and then followed by 1 day onsite interview. Interview went pretty good but not sure what they are looking for. I chased recruiter several time and always got response that they will get back within week.
Never got Yes or No. Felt bad as I wasted 2 days for them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very fast-track due to high interest in my skills and experience. Received a phone call the next day and the screen went well, interviews were setup very quickly and some interviewers were amazed how quickly it happened.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve <blah> given x, y and z? (confidential)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Durham, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Met them at GDC after one of their presentations and talked to 3 people... they later became my coworker, boss and my boss's boss. They followed up with a phone interview, then flew me out to an onsite interview

Interview Questions

• Solve how to serialize and record a multithreaded graphics command pipelines to the GPU so that it can be replayed.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews. Very technical .I was asked to code on collabedit. Then I was invited onsite to santa clara. 5 different interviews

had another better offer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

One full work day of ~1 hour interviews (including lunch, etc). Each interview was with a different member of the team. They asked the same typical puzzle type questions that you'll see at many tech companies, having me write small algorithms on the whiteboard to manipulate data structures and such.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2013.

Interview

- I was referred by a current employee.
    - Had 2 phone interviews.
    - 1 day, 6-person live interviews.
    - Phone interview with my boss.
    - I thought everything went well. I heard NOTHING back for 5 weeks. Called HR several times. No information one way of the other. Gave up. Told my friend whop referred me (who works for the manager trying to hire me) that I was moving on.
    - Got a call from HR 3 days later at 4:48pm on a Friday while driving to Tahoe. He made me an offer and wanted answer right then. AFTER 5 WEEKS! I told him I’d think about it over the weekend. He was annoyed. Called on Monday and accepted the offer. Once that happened HR was extremely responsive and helpful. I still work here (3 years later).
    - I have heard from many others (including people I interviewed and we eventually hired) that this is the norm. NVIDIA really needs to get the hiring act together.

Interview Questions

• I was applying for a back-end web server job.

Using the command line, copy all of the lines from a file containing 2,000,000 lines of text from 1 file to another but only for lines that contain the string <<text>>, changing the text <<old text>> to <<new text>> and ordering the new file contents by the <<new text>> and the length of each line.

Now do it using Python.

And this was one of the easy questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Reasonable phone screen and then face to face interviews. Interview process was fairly common. Nothing out of the ordinary or unusual. Well handled overall. Interviewers were enthusiastic and genial

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with ambiguity?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Over the phone, the interviwer asked me questions on boot process, memory management and some flash related stuff.

1:1 interview: There were questions on cache coherency, dead lock, recursion and othe embedded software related stuff. There were some C questions on recursion, how to write neutral endian code etc.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to convert big endian to little endian   1 Answer
    • Show a data structure for LRU cache.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Applied for job when in school HR contacted me. Arranged for a phone interview with the hiring manager. He was very polite and asked me to mail him a Cycle in Linked List solution. On site was long and rigorous. About 4 engineers + 1 manager + 1 VP + 1 HR. Most questions were around concurrent systems / race conditions / deadlocks / livelocks / semaphores / Operating systems internals. The newer members asked about bit twiddling hacks (please go through Stanford bit twiddling hacks once you wont regret it :-))

Interview Questions

• Cache coherence algorithms between I/O and CPU   1 Answer
    • Interviewer described a complex race condition involving OS code and GPU work submission. Asked me to fix it using a register and no extra buffer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Turned down initial offer since I had a better offer from elsewhere. Accepted their counter offer.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Two regular phone interviews before the onsite, it went pretty fine and nice, just try to catch your expertise and some your projects they are interested.

Met with many talent people at onsite interview and they were focusing on technical questions instead of random IQ tests which is really good for me

Interview Questions

• a lot of details about Linux device driver programming including some specific interfaces   1 Answer

Negotiation

First job, not much to negotiate, but surprise to get pretty satisfied with what they offered