NVIDIA Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I've applied for this position on their company website. After few days recruiter contacted me and setup 2 telephonic interviews. Then I attended a half day onsite interview at Santa Clara office. All questions are not that hard. They are bitwise and general arrays handling type of questions. During on site interview, I have been interviewed by 5 different people including the manager. Since I've so much experience in similar domain everything went very well except the last interview with the manager. Since all 4 people tested coding and design skills, I'd expect manager is going to do the behavioral test. However, he asked me to code a program which I never heard before. I was able to come up with a solution with few minor bugs. He was very peculiar about fixing those bugs and he expected me to code a perfect solution! After fixing bugs he is not sure what else to ask ! He kept asking me what topics others covered. Finally he asked another question. He had expected I would struggle to answer this for some time. But I quickly came up with a solution then he started suspecting whether I’d know these questions before. And started behaving bit rude to code in a way that he wanted! That moment I understood he is not going to be a pleasant person to work under. I got impatient and asked him to show clearly what he wanted!

Quickly after 2 days I got feedback that this manager rejected me! I kind of guessed this outcome. I’m sure he might not bother to check others feedback and outright rejected me. Anyway, I'm better off not working under him.

Interview Questions

• Find a duplicate number in a given array. The numbers are 1 ... n   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

1 telephonic round done by manager with some technical and designing questions + 1 onsite interview of 4.5 hours (5 rounds..some 45 min each). HR called in 2 days and gave offer

Interview Questions

• Lot of whiteboard exercises. Typical cracking coding questions.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Interview was over a couple days, 2-3 people at 45min slots per day. It was all over the phone as people interviewing were spread across many different offices. People seemed super nice and the company really seems like it's growing. I think there's a lot of opportunities here and most of the people interviewing me had been at Nvidia for 5, 7, even 12 years. Seems like they really take care of their employees.

Interview Questions

• How would you do a security review for a website?

Tell me about memory corruption bugs.

Explain how memory management works.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was in friendly atmosphere. I was asked about my latest projects, the most challenged debugging project and about operation system, where I had the most experience. Also they asked me about my salary and benefits expectations from NVIDIA. There were a lot of technical questions from the easiest one to the very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Static and volatile world in C. What is the semaphore, mutex, binary semaphore, priority inversions. Writing task was to find the middle value between two points used only integer values.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

As i recall there was an initial phone screen with the hiring manager. This lead to a second phone screen and then I was flown in for a day of on site interviews with 7 people.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interviews were discussion oriented, past projects and technology used. Positive experience overall.
      Some difficult questions thrown in, search algorithms.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The HR guy was quite an unpleasant specimen. I didn't enjoy negotiating with the fellow, he seemed quite surprised when I stated my requests, claimed that nvidia doesn't negotiate, I would be sent an offer and I could take it or leave it. In the end the offer they sent was what I asked for...

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

It is tedious process. 7 rounds interviews in one day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

Good experience, good people, good arrangements. One negative: most of the interview questions were asking me to write code at a whiteboard. I don't do that on the job (who does?): I use reference material (JavaDoc) and an IDE (Eclipse) or at least a language-specific editor. That was unrealistic and difficult. Some of the questions were more creative, however -- interesting algorithm puzzles -- and I enjoyed those.

Interview Questions

• Find the words used in some text and report by word length and how often each word appears.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Submit the application online and wait. It may be several weeks before you hear anything so if you are between jobs this may not work for you.

This was a phone screen covering past work, architecture type questions and OS questions. A simple coding question was also ask but this was not an interactive session.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep hardware registers from being cached?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I was initially emailed by an HR person who set me up with a phone interview. The phone interview was with a very rude manager who kept interrupting me and spoke with a heavy indian accent. He asked me a few questions that were not very clearly defined in my opinion. The conversation ended earlier than I had been told (15 minutes as opposed to 45) which I think was due to the fact that I asked for several clarifications. A few weeks later I was emailed that I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• if there exists a sequence of integers in order, and you are at a receiver and you obtain these integers out of order, how can you know which integer is missing?   1 Answer
    • asked me several questions about face detections, the interviewer did not know much about this topic though and was just trying to test the level of my knowledge.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2018.

Interview

1. Written test based on C, Operating System and Data Structure
    2. Three face to face Interviews
    3. HR round

Note: Better to read everything in details because if you will explain theory then they will tell you that you will get good marks in theory but that's not what we are expecting so better to tell in hardware as well as software level.

Interview Questions

• Written Test:

1. Object question based on Mutex, C puzzles, OS, Data Structures
      2. Implement Producer Consumer Problems
      3. Calculate the sum of two polynomials

F2F:
      1. Process Vs Threads
      2. Why we need Process if we have Thread
      3. What is Scheduler? How does it work?
      4. Priority Inversion