NVIDIA Senior Verification Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Senior Verification Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Austin, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

Solicitation by the company recruiter followed by the phone screen and on site technical interviews ( full day).
Followed by one more phone interview with the hiring director.
They got back to me after more than a week.

Interview Questions

• Merge two linked lists   1 Answer
  • Calculate fifo depth for following data rate

Writing Data = 80 DATA/100 Clock (Randomization of 20 Data’s)
    Outgoing Data= 8 DATA/10 Clock.
    Burst size = 160   2 Answers
  • Shown a perl code, what does it do?   2 Answers
  • Some question related to accessing analysis ports in a sequence ( via sequencer)   Answer Question
  • Implement a 10:1 mux using 3 4:1 muxes   2 Answers
  • Write a function to find the largest and second largest element in an array ( without using sorting)   Answer Question
  • Write a function to find the repeated elements in an array and their counts.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Westford, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone screen which was basically an overview of my resume and an introduction to Nvidia and the group. I was invited to an on site interview the following week. It had 6 rounds. All except one were technical and there was a lot of focus on test bench architecture and methodology.

Interview Questions

• fibonacci series, OOP concepts, heap vs. stack storage, virtual class and functions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Two Phone screens
    Phone screens were some basic comp arch and c++ coding question (linked lists)
    NVidia does many phone screens, sometimes it can be 3

Very Slow to respond after final interview
    May have you interview with two separate teams

1 onsite in Santa Clara
    5 different interviewers back to back
    1 designer, 1 manager, 3 verification engineers

Interview Questions

• In Person:
      -simple assembly instructions, verify hazards
      -complex design, methodology for verification
      -design memory in c, run times
      -rotate sorted array, binary search algo with shifted array
      -reverse linked list   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

This was for a position that needed work experience in coverage and in Constrained Randomized testing.

Interview Questions

• The hour-long interview was mostly about the current projects.   Answer Question

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Surprisingly HR responded 2 days after my application. Got a phone call within a week. The position required a UVM expert. The interviewer mainly focused on UVM and verification basics apart from some text book Qs.
    Phone Interview Qs (mostly UVM):
    7. How to print messages in UVM
    8. Associative arrays
    9. Virtual interfaces, why do you need them
    10. Types of fork join

Interview Questions

• Benefits of a monitor: Interviewer had a problem understanding my response.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied to position through the company's job website. Went through phone screen which was all technical. Was not given the chance to ask any questions. About a week later made it for onsite interview. I interviewed with about 5 engineers including the engineering manager and an architect. Because all of the interviews consisted of hard problem-solving technical questions and none of which focused on behavioral interviewing it was a mentally taxing interview (8 hours long) and led me to believe that likely there are some hard-to-deal with people in the group.

I answered all of the technical questions correctly. But then the manager asked me a simple question about the design. I at first didn't understand the question and didn't answer it correctly. This peeved the manager who re-asked the question --but this time in a very irritated tone. Even though I had answered his technical questions (some of which are better suited to a software engineering developing C++ than a DV engineering coding SystemVerilog) correctly I feel something interpersonal happened.

Anyway, after a week of waiting I never did get a yes/no answer back from the company and had to email the HR person to find get the final answer. It's always better for the company to give an answer back, because if the company never responds yes/no it makes the company look very disorganized and unprofessional which I think is probably an aspect to the group I interviewed with and is also evident from my experience working with former Nvidia employees who are touted as the "best and brightest" from this organization.

Interview Questions

• What as most difficult about the design you verified?   1 Answer