NVIDIA Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

After I connected to a hiring manager at NVIDIA, the HR directly sent me his email address. I asked him I was currently looking for an internship opportunity and whether they had openings for software engineer intern or data scientist intern. He told me both and asked me to send my resume to his email address. I did so and soon received an interview appointment. My interviewer is a software engineer. There was only one round on my application.

Interview Questions

• Just some normal questions at first such as tell me about yourself and introduction to the projects I have finished. More than this, he also asked me how to implement/design a garbage collection in JAVA and only a small algorithm question about binary number operation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

First round is in career fair, four questions two easy coding and two about operating system, and I got the 1st phone interview on Feb, 26. basic questions about resume, haven't got result now.

Interview Questions

• difference between array and linkedlist,
      detect whether it is a cycle in a linkedlist,
      light string question,
      and some question about test,
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2016.

Interview

Found them at a career fair and gave my resume. Recruiter contacted me a few months later saying that the manager wants to chat with me. Manager chat was semi-technical but no coding involved. 2nd phone interview was also technical but no coding involved (talked through the process of how I would solve the problem). Received offer for internship few days later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Portland, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

first one phone interview, talked about the job description, asked about previous projects, asked one project in details. Then HR arranges a onsite interview. The onsite interview took a whole day, each round one person. Algorithms are asked, simple coding questions, both hw and sw questions are asked.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in October 2015.

Interview

2 rounds phone screen by two engineers from NVIDIA. Test your knowledge of programming based on your resume. From design patterns, Database to OS. They really want to know what you are capable of and how well you understand the concepts. No coding test, but be prepared to answer any question related to your skills listed on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Name one of the out-of-school coding project you have done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Apply for the full time software engineer. On campus interview. Was asked to answer several questions. There are four questions. 1. Explain the stack and heap areas in the process address space. 2. Implement strncmp library function, bug free. 3. How does the linux file system implement the access control. 4. Webserver, incoming request. compare the following three approaches, pros and cons 1) one request, fork one process to response 2) process pool 3) producer and consumer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain the stack and heap areas in the process address space. 2. Implement strncmp library function, bug free. 3. How does the linux file system implement the access control. 4. Webserver, incoming request. compare the following three approaches, pros and cons 1) one request, fork one process to response 2) process pool 3) producer and consumer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Had to write some code on collabedit.

Interviewer not engaged or interested in the process.

Admin had problems coordinating interview. It was quite painful to set up the initial interview. Took 4 go rounds.

Interview Questions

• Q: Print a LL in reversed order.
         1) recursive
         2) non recursive
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Interview process was so so disorganized that it was hard to believe Nvidia would fall under this category. Had a round of phone interview and was called on site for a whole day of interviews. I thought I did all the interviews pretty well and was hoping to hear about an offer. They call me after two weeks saying they want to schedule another day of on site interviews. Very strange but I was relieved that they got back to me finally! Did a whole day of interviews on -site and phone interview with a senior manager of the whole team.

After an agonising 2 weeks of waiting, they got back me via phone and email saying I got the offer. I was super excited as I liked the job profile of the position immensely. The HR then called me to ask about what I was expecting and explained the benefits etc. After I week, I still had no offer letter or communication except the email before, and I tried to get in touch with the HR. They never picked up or replied to my emails. Finally after one more week, the HR got back to me saying the position was removed and like you can try applying to other positions in the company.

Seriously, a very unfair move on their side. Making me attend interview one after the other, prolong the process for 2.5 months, give me the offer and take it back afterwards. Totally lost all my regards for the recruiting process and HR, wasting my time,their time and playing with my morale!! They should have atleast helped consider me for other positions within the company but they never did!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

applied on line. Then got an email from hr that they will arrange the interview. There are 2 phone interviews by the engineers from the team that you applied the position , each one 45 minutes. some questions related with your resume, then programming questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Champaign, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted at my university career fair. They had a small quiz to do on the spot then reached out by email to setup an interview. Next step I was contacted for a phone interview along with collabedit. I passed that and they setup one more for a week later with a different one. Was not adequately prepared but the questions were straight forward and similar to the ones posted on glassdoor. I didn't make it to the final interivew which would have been onsite at Nvidia.

Interview Questions

• Lots of OS related questions. Also coding exercises about bit manipulations in C.   Answer Question