NVIDIA Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 26, 2017

3.1

130 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Talked with them in career fair, they give you an east quiz and then ask you couple of questions. After that I did one phone interview and then went for onsite, the whole process took one month.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2017.

Interview

Meet the recruiter at campus career fair. Took more than a month to get the email back. 30 Minutes phone technical interview, ask about details about the projects, data structure, and algorithms. No futher conversation after the phone screen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Champaign, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

1 Phone Interview - interviewer was professional but the interview left much to be desired. Basically asked Linux case studies where you go through your thought process of solving a Linux related problem. Questions for stuff like CUDA, Python, deep learning frameworks that were listed in job description were not asked. Basically not a single question about my resume (experiences/projects). Felt like the interview wasn't a good valuation of my ability to do the job so I felted tricked and felt like a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Linux case studies. Not necessarily Linux administration.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2017.

Interview

Round-1 All technology covered. Java, Mysql, Spring, Hibernate, Algorithm. All theoritical questions. Basically this round will test all basic knowledge in all technologies mentioned
    Round-2 Resume and project discussion
    Round-3 NodeJS, Javascript

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I did an on-campus interview. A group of people received a paper of questions (like white board interview) You need to answer the questions correctly and the employer will check your answer and give you feedback.

Interview Questions

• A lot of them are on leetcode.
      e.g.: reverse an array (width: 2 with power of n) using recursion   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

The interview process went well. I was referred by a friend. I had 2 rounds. First was a simple round of resume review. Second round had simple tech questions. Both the interviewers said I did well.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NVIDIA in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a team lead who asked questions about my PhD thesis and work experience. Next week I had second phone interview with another team lead who also asked about PhD thesis and past work experience. After that I did not hear from the company for 3 months. I kept asking the recruiter. Finally they got back and scheduled a third phone interview. After that I was told they would not continue with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my PhD thesis and past work experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Took a quiz at college career fair, then had three phone interviews. There were some questions about operating systems I did not know how to answer, as I'm early on in undergraduate, but mainly data structures and sorting algorithms. Talked a lot about kernel debugging, which I had never done. Ultimately I think I simply was not far enough in classes to possess the knowledge and they seemed to need. Prepare very very well, no topic is off limits.

Interview Questions

• How to access the nth item in a linked list with less than 2m time worst case   Answer Question
    • Write a version of the C function tail   Answer Question
    • Describe how to implement the interface to ensure a certain block of code in a simple compiler is executed every so often(time dependent)   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at NVIDIA?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2016.

Interview

Two Phone interviews. Both were technical. The first one was more concentrated towards my projects on OS. The second one was on basic programming questions and a few questions on OS.

Interview Questions

• Questions on OS, my projects related to OS and basic questions on C. 1. Find the number of bits that are set in a number in O(1) time. 2. Macro to find minimum of two numbers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

They use a poll of applications, it is not about very specific positions with posts that are expiring, it is not dynamic like in the case of other companies. If you apply to several job openings and are called for an interview, they won't give you the specific number of the job opening.

Interview Questions

• In most cases you need to have some experience with CUDA. If you want to increase your chances of getting a job offer you need to know very well about linked lists. We used the collabedit.com for the interview. It is like a chat but for coding. I got the following question on the screen of collabedit:

// There is a chunk of memory in the kernel address space represented by kernelResource and an API exists to clear it. An IOCTL path exists to take a request from user-mode and using O/S services eventually dispatches to API_ZeroResource. From a security perspective what concerns do you have with this implementation? How would you fix them?

// KERNEL
      BYTE kernelResource[10] = {0};

int API_ZeroResource( in_params *pParams )
      {
          if (pParams->offset + pParams->length > sizeof(kernelResource))
              return ERR_INVALID_LIMIT;

memset(kernelResource + pParams->offset, 0, pParams->length);

return 0;
      }

// USER

void ZeroResource()
      {
          in_params params = { ??? };

// an ioctl path exists to call API_ZeroResource
          ioctl( CMD_ZeroResource, &params );