NVIDIA Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Software Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

Sent my resume over internet. Received feedback for a 15 minute phone screen in about one week. They didn't call me actually on that day, but later they asked for a 45 minute technical interview. They sent out onsite interview notice within 3 days. Onsite was a full day I met eight person, 45 minutes each round. Offer was extended within 4 days after onsite.

Interview Questions

• I can't expose the details as it is confidential. But i would the most difficult question is some low level design questions - need complete familiarity with related subjects and combine them together.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA in May 2007.

Interview

The interview in general wasn't that challenging. It was an initial phone call, then I was invited on campus to do an on-site interview. The interview lasted for around 5 hours ranging from experience questions, technical questions, behavioral questions, and general talk. They were very friendly and nice to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • What are personal projects you worked on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Austin, TX) in August 2007.

Interview

My first interview was over the phone. It was a general inquiry into what I was interested in so they could see where I may fit in the company. It lasted no longer than 30 minutes. I was told at the end that they were going to give me a small assignment to test my programming skills, which I was e-mailed shortly thereafter and told I had two days to implement two C functions. The "homework" was not difficult but also not trivial.

I had a second phone interview with an employee local to the area in which I was applying. We spoke for perhaps 45 minutes, again addressing where my talents and interests would best fit with the company's needs. There may have been a few short technical questions such as "What is polymorphism?" just to establish that I really knew my stuff. The interviewer told me he'd get me an in person interview with a team in the particular development area in which I had the most interest.

I reviewed the (somewhat esoteric) material that I had studied in graduate school in preparation for this unique in-person interview. When I arrived, I soon discovered that I was not interviewing with the group I was told I would be, and instead was partnered with a device driver developer. He proceeded to ask me many technical questions focusing mostly in low level C programming and some questions on programming theory, which I was completely unprepared for. The questions were pretty standard interview questions and were not that difficult. The interviewer was somewhat rude and impatient when I started struggling with one of the programming questions. This miscommunication somewhat soured the otherwise positive interviewing experience for me. All other interviewers and HR persons were very amicable and enjoyable to speak with.

Interview Questions

• Write a malloc and free function that forces the buffer to start on a byte aligned boundary. (Asked as a homework assignment, not during an interview)   1 Answer
    • Write a C function that reverses the words in a string without using any memory overhead.   2 Answers
    • Question on producer/consumer theory and asked to analyze a specific model case.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA in September 2009.

Interview

Applied online and around two weeks later, they arranged a phone interview.
    The phone interview is technical. Pretty basic C and OS question: multi-threading, semaphore, memory alignment, etc. Question about previous project experience. etc.
    But I was not quite ready at that time. It didn't take much time and I failed.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I did an on-campus interview. A group of people received a paper of questions (like white board interview) You need to answer the questions correctly and the employer will check your answer and give you feedback.

Interview Questions

• A lot of them are on leetcode.
      e.g.: reverse an array (width: 2 with power of n) using recursion   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2016.

Interview

Found them at a career fair and gave my resume. Recruiter contacted me a few months later saying that the manager wants to chat with me. Manager chat was semi-technical but no coding involved. 2nd phone interview was also technical but no coding involved (talked through the process of how I would solve the problem). Received offer for internship few days later

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

The interview process went well. I was referred by a friend. I had 2 rounds. First was a simple round of resume review. Second round had simple tech questions. Both the interviewers said I did well.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Friend works here. asked me to join

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Told them no. already signed with another company. They came back strong to get me to break my promise to other company.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Phone interviews were done by the Software director and Senior Manager. Tested basically on my academic background. On-site interview consisted of a panel of 7 people. Each of them testing me in different areas of my expertise and academic background. you tend to get very tired and come under some pressure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, they allowed no negotiations. I would advice to negotiate strongly. Have a couple of other offers in hand before negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Was reasonably professional, the entire process consisted of a lot of emails back and forth

Interview Questions

• There is a singly linked list of ints, write a function that takes the head pointer, and prints the list in reverse order   4 Answers
    • given 2 unsigned ints a and b, return 1 unsigned int = a/b, rounded to nearest int without float operation   5 Answers