NVIDIA Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Software Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Had two technical interviews. First one was with the hiring manager. His questions were more knowledge-based than skill based. He wanted to ensure I had a strong grasp on relevant hardware/software topics like caches, scheduling, deadlocks, and OS fundamentals. He also asked a few trivial behavioral questions. Next day, got called up for another technical interview with a technical lead. This was more about applying knowledge to solve problems. I was asked about implementing barrier operations on different levels of the system (starting from a high-level OS perspective down to the hardware-level).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process took around one month. Questions related to threads and process, Memory management and algorithms. In total had 3 telephonic interview rounds. They are more focused towards knowledge based question compare to programming.

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I applied through the college career fair. Got an email for a phone interview from the recruiter. I had 3 rounds spread out over 1.5 months. Even though I had little experience with graphics, they interviewed mainly for a mobile graphics driver position.

Interview Questions

• First interview was basic C stuff, static keyword, volatile keyword inline functions, malloc, implementation of memcpy etc   1 Answer
    • Second interview was more graphics centric: I was asked to describe the internal architecture of a GPU, the graphics pipeline, explain rasterization, what are shaders etc
      I was asked to solve one question on a shared screen and then there was some basic comp arch related stuff.   1 Answer
    • Third interview was about my projects, and then again some graphics, explanation of various parts of the graphics pipeline etc. I was then asked some basic C questions, linkedlist reversal, bitwise swap, strcmp() implementation etc   1 Answer

Software Interview

Interview

standard questions about coding, 3 round technical interview and they also ask about previous working experience. In the second round, they will ask for coding questions that needs to be written on paper or text editor, choose preferred language and do 3 simple questions.

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

It was a 45 minute telephone interview where they set up a Google doc coding challenge. The position was oriented towards system software/C programming. The interviewer was pretty fair about discussing solutions

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of phone screens. The last one is with a team manager.
    I first talked about my resume and past projects. Then we went on for coding exercise. The questions were not about algorithms, but low-level systems stuff. You need to have C programming experience and understand basic OS concepts.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

1. Applied via school job board
    2. Got contacted by recruiter, arranged one interview time slot
    3. Technical phone screen, not much algorithms & DS but more focus on programming languages themselves and OS knowledge
    4. Phone call with manager (who was in charge of me during my internship)
    5. Offer

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2017.

Interview

I was recruited internally through the University for a particular team. Talked with an engineering manager who asked several difficult concurrency and operating systems-related questions. Didn't do as well as I could have, and they weren't that helpful in providing advice along the way.