NVIDIA Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Pune (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Firstly they took an aptitude test,the test mainly consisted of four sections c,os,hardware,analytical reasoning.After that two technical rounds and then hr round.The main focus of interviewer was on
c ,os,hardware.As the interview is for test engineer they expect little bit knowledge of software testing.
If you have any hardware certification then the process is to easy.

Interview Questions

• puzzles were little but tricky they do not expect the roght answer from you ,but the logic how you should get the answers of the puzzle.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Pune (India)).

Interview

Mostly technical questions related to your college project or your current employer project, to analyze your testing skills

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Pune (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

Hiring process begin with 20 minutes Presentation, where they introduced us with their selection criteria and scope of the position they are hiring for.,

Written Test: Round 1: One hour written test which was divided into 4 sections(C/C++ programming-10Marks, Operating systems-10Marks, Hardware-15Marks, Analytical-15Marks)

Level of difficulty: Easy(for C/C++ and Hardware. Other sections were comparatively difficult to solve).

Technical: Round 2: Technical f2f interview which goes as long as 1 hour for me. They ask about hardware and questions from the written test before. They took a deep test on my problem solving abilities.
    Question which are asked during my f2f technical interview:
    1. Resume projects.
    2. College support to your projects.
    3. Questions from the written test.
    4. Analytic skills to check problem solving abilities.(eg. 3d coplanar circle algorithms, flowchart to check coplanar circle)
    5. Basic pointer concept in c
    6. Difference between struct in c and struct in c++.
    7. What happens when OS boots Up.
    8. What are my interests? (I have shown my interest in software development, than in Software Testing so they asked me this next ques regarding that)
    Also they asked about my interest towards android dev. and web designing so they asked about latest versions of android OS.
    9. What if an organization offer you a job that does not have to do anything with software development, what will be your approach? (Not interested in software testing..)
    10. They asked for questions from my side.

Technical Round 3: not appeared.

Response to the i/v' er : Lack of interest towards software testing.

Interview Questions

• What if an organization offer you a job that does not have to do anything with software development, what will be your approach?   Answer Question

Lack of interest in software testing.

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Pune (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

It was quite good first some mcq then 2 technical interviews and then Hr. Most of the questions in technical interviews were related to computer hardware and regarding there assembly. In Hr they asked about from which background I am from. Regarding my family and etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you assemble a computer with minimum required hardwares...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2013.

Interview

Introduction

I am currently working at Yahoo one of the top Internet companies in the world. I also had the chance to work at PayPal the dominant company in online payments. When I lost my job in 2008 I had more than 30 phone interviews and several onsite interviews. Just to mention few names, I interviewed with Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Apple, Symantec, nVidia, Linkedin and few more. As long as you are applying to a technical software position whether it is QA or development then forget about the silly most asked interview questions such as tell me about your strengths and weaknesses. In this short article I will only mention few basic points that a software engineer should be aware of before interviewing at companies like Google, Yahoo, Facebook, etc. Not only I interviewed at many computer software companies but also I participated in interviewing candidates who applied to our team so the advice is from the heart:

Academic Strength

This is one of the most important points if not the most important point. A company like Google or Microsoft test candidates in data structures and algorithms over the phone. When I interviewed with Google they shared a Google Doc with me and requested me to write code and debug it. They ask about key topics in data structures and algorithms such as hash tables and running time. Moral of the story, If you want to increase your chance to pass those interviews then you need to be very strong in coding, debugging and testing from an academic point of view. I doubt that work experience itself can save you if the interviewer asks you about some tricks in algorithm design. This needs allot of practice to master.

Communication skills

Software development is team based so you need to have the appropriate written and verbal communication skills. Moral of the story, if you are a nerd that is not enough, you need to interact with people.

Personality

If you have everything discussed earlier but hard to deal with people or fail to work within a team or have an attitude then good luck.

Conclusion

As you can see do not worry too much about what you should dress on the interview day. Those folks look for smart, hardworking and problem solvers. Believe me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need for negotiation offer was good

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

First had technical skill interview over phone and was asked basic questions regarding testing

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Had the best ever interview.... all the guys are very friendly and will keep you comfortable throughout the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Pune (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

Aptitude+Technical+HR. Basic questions on C, PC hardware, etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to testing of PC hardware such as video cads, graphics etc were difficult   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Pune (India)) in June 2010.

Interview

1. Call through a third-party recruiting agency
    2. Initial screening interview
    3. In-person technical interview
    4. Manager's interview
    5. HR interview (hiring is confirmed at this point)
    6. Offer
    Whole process took around 30 days

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA in April 2009.

Interview

one round of technical and one HR round

Interview Questions

• Best work and worst work done in prev company and the reason for the same   Answer Question