NVIDIA Verification Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Verification Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Interview went very well. Professional and punctual folks.I am filling words here to meet the minimum criteria for this field. Ok, what else -- did a 5 round onsite + 2 rounds of phone interviews. More of C++ and design questions. Very little system verilog.

Interview Questions

• PHONE :
    1. Pass by value/ pass by reference. Write a function to swap 2 variables - ll u use pass by value or reference ?
    2. Do the same to swap 2 objects (how does it change)
    2. Detect 11010 sequence with moore and mealy state machines.
    3. Use of const ? What ll happen if you declare above 2 objects as const.
    4. Explain NB assignment and blocking assignment. About event regions.
    5. Fibonacci -- iterative solution and recursive solution.
    6. Disadvantages of a recursive solution.
    7. Output of this code fragment :
    c=5;
    b<=c;
    a=5;
    end
    what is output of all registers.
    8. Explain RISC pipeline. What is the problems.
    9. Explain about uvm driver etc.

ONSITE :
    round 1: Round Robin Arbiter Design

round 2 : (1) Given a stack class implementation (LIFO) - there are 3 methods - push(), pop(), isempty(). Write a class using objects of given class to implement a FIFO. (2) Make best performance
    Implement the dist functionality in c++. Given a set of weights mimic to provide randomization skewed to the specification (Basically, write a function that would do something similar to a 'dist' in system verilog).

round 3 : Given a divide by 3 state machine. Implement a divide by 5 statemachine. How many vectors are needed to verify it. So the circuit takes serial bit inputs and asserts if the number is a multiple of 3 or 5.

round 4 : Circuits project. Basic pipeline architecture. Design a pipeline for a histogram processor. In every cycle we get an instruction (CLR, ADD INCR). Handle dependencies using bypass.

round 5 : Given a producer and consumer. They are clocked with the same clock. Producer produces 80 writes for 100 clocks (no random). Consumer reads 8 times per 10 clocks. Find the FIFO depth. Write RTL and verify.   8 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2016.

Interview

Good experience. Some questions were tough but learnt a lot. I spoke to the team lead in Germany. He was very pleasant and informative. Knowledge is the key, if you know your computer architecture well then you don't have a problem.

Interview Questions

• Profiler functions. GPU and CPU differences. Latency and throughput discussions.   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Applied online, the first round was resume based and basic data structures, linked list reversal etc. The second round was hardware design based, how to synchronize systems with different clocks etc, verilog code for the same.
    Did not hear back from them for 2 and half months, when I sent a follow up mail, they rejected me.

Interview Questions

• Synchronize two systems with different clocks? Write code verilog   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty average interview with focus on basic coding questions and some hardware design questions. The interviewer was very polite and patient but I hadn't done my homework. There were also some PERL questions and a little computer architecture background like cache coherence and snooping. Overall it was a good interview.

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2014.

Interview

just talk some basic questiones in verilog and c. the interviewer is much care about the basic questions, but if you get a wrong answer, you can feel he looses his interest in you

Verification Engineer Interview

Interview

The interviewer was friendly, helping me go in the right direction of an answer when needed. Basics of digital design and C programming were focused

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Got tested during an career fair. Scheduled for a phone interview afterwards.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

One written, one technical interview and an HR. HR was optional. Written test consisted of questions from timing analysis, computer architecture, FIFOs. Written test was good and I felt the time was less. Interview mainly on computer architecture. Some people were also asked C programming puzzles. HR was easy.

Interview Questions

• Mostly on Digital systems design, fsm's, timing analysis and computer architecture.   2 Answers

Verification Engineer Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interview in total. All technical. Be prepared to be asked the simplest question you might have been able to answer at one point in your life. The interview questions are very academic based. If you study the right subjects before hand, you should do fine. General questions include statistics, digital circuits, analog circuits, basic software programming, etc. The university stuff. Might be a few brain teaser as well depending who is interviewing you.

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in July 2011.

Interview

Pretty good.Interviewer was nice.average difficulty level

Interview Questions

• how to find the second smallest number out of iven n integers   5 Answers
    • what is inheritence... rest were on tomasulo algorithm   Answer Question