NVIDIA Verification Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Verification Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

2.9

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2014.

Interview

just talk some basic questiones in verilog and c. the interviewer is much care about the basic questions, but if you get a wrong answer, you can feel he looses his interest in you

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Verification Engineer Interview

Interview

The interviewer was friendly, helping me go in the right direction of an answer when needed. Basics of digital design and C programming were focused

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Got tested during an career fair. Scheduled for a phone interview afterwards.

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Applied online, the first round was resume based and basic data structures, linked list reversal etc. The second round was hardware design based, how to synchronize systems with different clocks etc, verilog code for the same.
    Did not hear back from them for 2 and half months, when I sent a follow up mail, they rejected me.

Interview Questions

• Synchronize two systems with different clocks? Write code verilog   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty average interview with focus on basic coding questions and some hardware design questions. The interviewer was very polite and patient but I hadn't done my homework. There were also some PERL questions and a little computer architecture background like cache coherence and snooping. Overall it was a good interview.

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2016.

Interview

Good experience. Some questions were tough but learnt a lot. I spoke to the team lead in Germany. He was very pleasant and informative. Knowledge is the key, if you know your computer architecture well then you don't have a problem.

Interview Questions

• Profiler functions. GPU and CPU differences. Latency and throughput discussions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Interview went very well. Professional and punctual folks.I am filling words here to meet the minimum criteria for this field. Ok, what else -- did a 5 round onsite + 2 rounds of phone interviews. More of C++ and design questions. Very little system verilog.

Interview Questions

• PHONE :
      1. Pass by value/ pass by reference. Write a function to swap 2 variables - ll u use pass by value or reference ?
      2. Do the same to swap 2 objects (how does it change)
      2. Detect 11010 sequence with moore and mealy state machines.
      3. Use of const ? What ll happen if you declare above 2 objects as const.
      4. Explain NB assignment and blocking assignment. About event regions.
      5. Fibonacci -- iterative solution and recursive solution.
      6. Disadvantages of a recursive solution.
      7. Output of this code fragment :
      c=5;
      b<=c;
      a=5;
      end
      what is output of all registers.
      8. Explain RISC pipeline. What is the problems.
      9. Explain about uvm driver etc.

ONSITE :
      round 1: Round Robin Arbiter Design

round 2 : (1) Given a stack class implementation (LIFO) - there are 3 methods - push(), pop(), isempty(). Write a class using objects of given class to implement a FIFO. (2) Make best performance
      Implement the dist functionality in c++. Given a set of weights mimic to provide randomization skewed to the specification (Basically, write a function that would do something similar to a 'dist' in system verilog).

round 3 : Given a divide by 3 state machine. Implement a divide by 5 statemachine. How many vectors are needed to verify it. So the circuit takes serial bit inputs and asserts if the number is a multiple of 3 or 5.

round 4 : Circuits project. Basic pipeline architecture. Design a pipeline for a histogram processor. In every cycle we get an instruction (CLR, ADD INCR). Handle dependencies using bypass.

round 5 : Given a producer and consumer. They are clocked with the same clock. Producer produces 80 writes for 100 clocks (no random). Consumer reads 8 times per 10 clocks. Find the FIFO depth. Write RTL and verify.   8 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Telephone interview, followed up with on-site screen, plus another full round of 5.
    Nvidia doesn't know how to interview, they were light on work related questions like DV technologies or debugging questions or how to work with difficult people, or why I want to work in Nvidia. Anybody with CS or EE degree knows DS and can refer to a book.

Interview Questions

• Data Structure (DS), Computer pipelines, Memory Organizations, Verilog, State machine pattern detector. Practice programming of some DS operations on white board or computer   2 Answers

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in July 2011.

Interview

Pretty good.Interviewer was nice.average difficulty level

Interview Questions

• how to find the second smallest number out of iven n integers   5 Answers
    • what is inheritence... rest were on tomasulo algorithm   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA in October 2010.

Interview

The first portion of interviewing was two phone screenings with managers in the verification department. From there I was recommended for an on-site interview. This consisted of speaking with eight engineers over the course of the day. Most asked questions about programming background and basic problem solving. There were lots of very simple questions about processor architecture, like caches and pipelines. The question that comes about the most is "How would you implement a test plan for this?" just trying to see how you would solve those kinds of problems. Only one interviewer asked me anything specific; names or terms for constructs or devices specific to certain architectures. I feel these things are better left in a manual for looking up rather than purely memorized. Regardless, I felt the interview was very easy and may not fully gauge a person's ability to do this kind of work.

Interview Questions

• Name all the bit fields in an x86 4KB PAE PTE.   1 Answer