NVR Anonymous Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NVR

4.0

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Reston, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by someone in the company for a phone interview that lasted about an half and a hour: wasn't difficult and the interviewer seemed really interested and engaging. I was then sent a very long survey to do as another reviewer on here mentioned (more than 200 questions) which also was not difficult but took a good 45 minutes to get done. I didn't get any correspondence for the next week and a half so at this point I thought they didn't want to continue with me. I did, however, end up getting a call to set up an in-person interview.

The first interviewer was nice and asked general questions about my background and some situational questions he was reading off of what seemed to be a premade interview guide. I was done within half an hour and then I waited for the second interviewer. The second interviewer was the turning point in my interview experience. This gentleman asked details upon details and nit picked everything I said and would repeat my answers to me as if he was convinced I was lying and needed to have me reassure him! It started to feel like an interrogation more than an interview because every answer I gave was met with an incredulous look followed with more unnecessary probes. He even asked if I have applied elsewhere which is fine to ask but then wanted to know exactly which companies, what position, when I applied, if I was considering, etc., questions that he didn't need to ask beyond, "yes, I am considering other companies as well".

There were certain questions all of the interviewers asked me and i found myself repeating the same thing over and over, which would have been better taken care of if they had passed along the notes from the previous interviewer. They kept saying that the workplace was unpredictable and that I would be given many tasks at random to juggle almost as if to intimidate me out of the position when I hadn't even gotten it yet!

Overall, all the people I met along the way were old and had been with the company for years so if you are just starting and want a place to bring in some new fresh ideas, this doesn't seem like the place. They want people who have years of experience and can do the same copy-and-paste work here as well. The whole process took almost a month and stretched way longer than was necessary

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work and general Situational/behaviour questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NVR

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Reston, VA) in June 2008.

Interview

Both hiring and interview process at NVR are great and hassle-free. If they really need you and you are not a local, they will sponsore your trip back and forth for the job interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to criticize someone to get him/her to improve performance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was not required since I got a bigger offer than I asked for!