NVR Sales & Marketing Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NVR

3.1

Senior Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brecksville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVR (Brecksville, OH) in September 2018.

Interview

This was one of the strangest interviews I've had in a while. The recruiter said that a $60,000 salary for experienced professionals like myself is not out of the question. The recruiter also said that since I live 40 miles from the office I could work from home on days where the winter weather is really bad.

The interview was set for Thursday September 7th from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. I was told that I would be interviewing with three different sets of people and then if selected I would have an offer either that day or the following day.

I arrived at the interview 10-15 minutes early and the interview started on time. The two women that interviewed me were very nice and presented themselves in a very professional manner. We spoke about what I currently do for the company I work for and went over the rest of my resume. They said they were impressed by my skills and asked if I would be open to future management or underwriting rolls as they present themselves. I of course said yes.
I asked them about the work form home option in bad weather and they said that was NOT an option. This was an odd moment in the interview process as I was told this was not a problem by the recruiter. It appears the Branch Manager is dead set against people working from home (That's what I was told). That's hard to believe because more and more companies are allowing underwriters and processors to work from home as these are jobs that don't need to be done in an office environment so that was disappointing to hear.

After a 30 minute discussion one of the managers left to get the 2nd line interview set up. She came back and said that person had an emergency meeting and wanted to do a phone interview I said that was fine. I tried to schedule it at that time but said the recruiter would schedule it within the next 24 hours.

At that point I thanked them for their time and said I'm looking forward to the phone interviews and they indicated that they were very sorry for the last minute change in schedule.

This is where the odd part really comes in. I called the recruiter and let her know what happened. She said she would call the company in a few moments to get the 2nd interview scheduled. Instead of a call I got an e-mail from the recruiter that they decided not to make an offer to me because I wanted to work at home during snow storms where travel would be very dangerous considering I'm 40 miles away and that the $60,000 salary was too high that I was requesting. I then got a call at 6:30pm from someone that said they were with NVR and wanted to schedule a phone interview for today (September 7th) for 11:00am ??? I told her that I just got an e-mail 3-4 hours previously that I was declined and now I'm being reconsidered. She was confused as much as I was ?? I tried calling the recruiter back to clear this up but she never called me back or responded in an e-mail to the call I got.

I don't blame NVR for this at all. They have their ways they want to do business and that's fine. I have several recruiters that reach out to me every 30-45 days to see If I'm looking to make a switch in jobs. Because there was so much miscommunication and confusion during the interview process I felt really uneasy about it and If I'm going to make a switch in my job I need to feel good about it and this one seems like nobody knew what the other one was doing. It was extremely disorganized.

Interview Questions

• During your 25 years in the field of finance what has been your greatest achievement ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NVR

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thurmont, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVR (Thurmont, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Application online, phone interview, brief test on how to read a tape measure and basic math skills and an in person interview before offered a position with the company. Drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with nail guns?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Reston, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by someone in the company for a phone interview that lasted about an half and a hour: wasn't difficult and the interviewer seemed really interested and engaging. I was then sent a very long survey to do as another reviewer on here mentioned (more than 200 questions) which also was not difficult but took a good 45 minutes to get done. I didn't get any correspondence for the next week and a half so at this point I thought they didn't want to continue with me. I did, however, end up getting a call to set up an in-person interview.

The first interviewer was nice and asked general questions about my background and some situational questions he was reading off of what seemed to be a premade interview guide. I was done within half an hour and then I waited for the second interviewer. The second interviewer was the turning point in my interview experience. This gentleman asked details upon details and nit picked everything I said and would repeat my answers to me as if he was convinced I was lying and needed to have me reassure him! It started to feel like an interrogation more than an interview because every answer I gave was met with an incredulous look followed with more unnecessary probes. He even asked if I have applied elsewhere which is fine to ask but then wanted to know exactly which companies, what position, when I applied, if I was considering, etc., questions that he didn't need to ask beyond, "yes, I am considering other companies as well".

There were certain questions all of the interviewers asked me and i found myself repeating the same thing over and over, which would have been better taken care of if they had passed along the notes from the previous interviewer. They kept saying that the workplace was unpredictable and that I would be given many tasks at random to juggle almost as if to intimidate me out of the position when I hadn't even gotten it yet!

Overall, all the people I met along the way were old and had been with the company for years so if you are just starting and want a place to bring in some new fresh ideas, this doesn't seem like the place. They want people who have years of experience and can do the same copy-and-paste work here as well. The whole process took almost a month and stretched way longer than was necessary

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work and general Situational/behaviour questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Reston, VA) in June 2008.

Interview

Both hiring and interview process at NVR are great and hassle-free. If they really need you and you are not a local, they will sponsore your trip back and forth for the job interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to criticize someone to get him/her to improve performance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was not required since I got a bigger offer than I asked for!

Framer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NVR (Dayton, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Was asked my experience and having much of it was a cut and dry process. Proffessional. Interviewers show they are also interested in you as an individual not just for what you can bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• Past experience. Hand tool use.   1 Answer

SMR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NVR (Nashville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Online App and personal interview that took a couple hours in person and couple of hours online to complete the personality portion. It was relatively lengthy but not too bad to get through,

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Reston, VA).

Interview

I applied for a role and was contacted a month later saying they were interested in speaking to me. After going through 2 phone interviews they have you take a ridiculous 200 question personality test and a 60 question analytical test. I almost cancelled my final interview as I was starting to get the sense that the company was very outdated. The recruiter herself was very nice, but the final interview is where I could tell it would be a nightmare working there. They are stuck in the 20th century and most of the people that work there have been there forever. They were really pushed to see if I knew how to use Excel and basic technology features (most of their generation probably has trouble operating a computer). I was there for almost six hours and there was not one break nor did they offer to get me something to eat. I could tell from the interviewers that they work you to death and there is no life balance. I was mentally exhausted after the interview and knew that I wanted to withdraw myself from their process. I would not recommend anyone to interview with them.

Production Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVR in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by phone instructing me to do 2 online tests, the link was sent to my email. One test was general knowledge, the other was reading a tape measure. 2 days later the same interview agency contacted me for an extended phone interview with star questions. A week later I received an email to do an extended application with more of the same star type questions on the NVR website. Nearly 1 month after the first contact, I received a phone call for an in person interview- tomorrow morning. I can't submit this review without selecting if I got the offer or not- I selected 'yes but declined' BUT I will update as soon as I know results from tomorrows interview. All in all, the whole hiring process is a turn off for this company. When I first applied I was excited about the place, now I'm strongly considering other offers. This IS just for a laborer carpentry job- not hr, mgmt, or sales- I mean seriously, come on.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had conflict with a coworker and how did you handle the situation? Tell about a time when you had to take the leadership role in a project and how it went. Name a time when you had a deadline you had to reach and what steps you took to make sure it was met.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVR (Richmond, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

Pretty lengthy, two different two hour interviews, they asked me tons of behavioral questions, asked about my college education, two managers hitting you with questions. After the interviews, they took a month to return with an offer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVR (Cleveland, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

Personality test, HR interview, and in person interview with 3 - 4 managers. I met with a recruiter who told me about the position. I then interviewed with HR and then interviewed in person with 3 - 4 people. I interviewed with my potential boss, my boss' boss, and other operations managers.

Interview Questions

• Specific examples of budgeting, forecasting, and modeling financial scenarios   Answer Question