NVR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NVR

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NVR (Nashville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely straight forward, friendly and productive. My interviewer explained what he was looking for in the position after my introduction, and then he proceeded to ask me questions about how I handled former challenges.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you were given a task, but not enough time to complete it.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

20-minute phone interview. Email the next day from the lady who performed the phone interview to set a date for an in-person interview when they had their next 'panel'. She also sent me a 45 minute psychological exam and a 30 minute reasoning/aptitude test to be taken online, which I did. I interviewed with 2 different hiring managers in-person; the entire thing taking 3 hours. STAR questions as well as basic background questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in the last year when you had to make a tough decision and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVR (Cleveland, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

Personality test, HR interview, and in person interview with 3 - 4 managers. I met with a recruiter who told me about the position. I then interviewed with HR and then interviewed in person with 3 - 4 people. I interviewed with my potential boss, my boss' boss, and other operations managers.

Interview Questions

• Specific examples of budgeting, forecasting, and modeling financial scenarios   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NVR in June 2016.

Interview

I received a call from their hiring center in Buffalo. I spoke with the interviewer for approximately 20 min. He asked a few simple normal questions and then asked for me to take a "questionnaire" which I assumed was the normal one some companies use. I asked him about how long would the test be, he replied with you have 90 min to finish it. When I sat down to take the test it was not the Normal questions, it was five parts and very in-depth. The test took over three hours to finish. I called back since I hadn't heard from the interviewer. I asked about my test and he looked at and said it was a great score. He then said he would send it over to the office I was testing for. He said if you don't hear anything back in a few days to call him. So I called him back for four days and he never answered the phone and his voicemail was full.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

On Campus interview which was easy, then invited to an onsite interview where I talked with 4 different managers for about 5 hours. Basically all behavioral questions and they repeated a lot of the questions throughout my different interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to define a lot of words and then explain how they related to the company.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVR.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn where I then received an email from their recruiter within 2 or 3 days. They asked me to sign up for a phone interview for the following week. The phone interview was very pleasant and professional. They verified information on resume, explained their interview process and described their corporate culture a good place to work. Training salary and 100% commission based pay was also mentioned. 1:1 interview to follow.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe your personality is the right fit for this sales position?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NVR in February 2015.

Interview

I was emailed to set up an interview time. Phone interview was bad. Recruiter was very dry and no personality. I didn't feel like she was listening to anything I said. She sent me a more in depth application and an assessment that all took a couple of hours

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem situation you had, the steps you took and what was the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Fairfax, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an NVR recruiter shortly after filing an application online. She conducted a 30 minute interview and review of my qualifications. She also provided an overview of the job and the compensation. She then sent me an email with directions on how to take an online psychological test and an intelligence test. Neither were too intensive, but together they took several hours to complete. Once the results were processed, I received an invitation to the "Final" interview with 3 of their managers. I was interviewed by division managers and sales managers. The format of the interview was based on behavioral questions interspersed with questions about my job experiences from my resume. I found the team to be very friendly and several times we discussed items from my background in a conversational manner and not from the behavioral playbook. The interview with the 3 managers took 4 hours. The experience was not intimidating, and in some cases fun, since I could talk about some of my accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest disappointments?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Fairfax, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

It began with a two hour online personality test. About a week later, a call from HR to meet with a panel of interviewers. There was a series of Behavioral Questions, about a 2-3 hour interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict at work   1 Answer

Sales & Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVR in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, who I interviewed over phone with. Then a long online personality survey and was moved on to final interview with management.

Interview process is not unique and actually turned me off the job. I was not offered the job but would not have taken it had I been offered. Too many bad reviews on this position and the antiquated nature of the whole process and company concerned me. If you are going to take an all-commission position, take one that allows you to hunt and set your own quota so to speak. NVR caps commission and adjusts quotas constantly. Not worth the long hours and weekend requirements.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to quickly make a decision without complete information.   Answer Question