NVR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NVR

3.1

Sales & Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVR (Fairfax, VA) in January 2008.

Interview

NV starts with a phone screen. From there, they escalate to an in person interview day, where you meet with managers from various areas. If they like you, they fight over which division gets to hire you.

Interview Questions

• give an exaple of a time when you...   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was involved. All sales & marketing reps begins with the same base salary, and switch to commission only after the training.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dumfries, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Dumfries, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 managers separately, each manager asked different questions. They were looking for a sales agent in North & South Divisions. Most of the questions could have been answered from the resume I submitted. Two of those managers are no longer with NVR

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for NVR? What marketing experience do you have?   1 Answer

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

The process is ridiculously long. A recruiter called and talked for an hour or so and then wanted me to take an online test. They me over an hour away from where I lived to meet with a panel of people. However the panel who was supposed to interview me and were scheduled to interview me, didn't show up and the only person who did was late and never apologized. The questions were irrelevant to the position I was applying for and it seemed as though it was more like an interrogation rather than an interview. They made me wait a week to get back to me via email in a form letter. The position is 100% commission based.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and don't say because you are driven because everyone says that!   Answer Question
    • Tell me all the places you worked because we will do a background check!   2 Answers

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Akron, OH) in March 2009.

Interview

Everyone that interviewed me seemed happy with their jobs. It was a very friendly environment, casual actually, and the panel interview was uh less formal than the phone interview and the initial HR interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to define resilience and to provide an example of when I'd showed resiliency in a previous situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Fairfax, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very detailed however it was also open for questions for the interviewer. Don't get in your own head and exude confidence. There is a 3 person panel but you interview with each interviewer privately. There is typically a person who is very positive and encouraging, one who is neutral, and one who is more difficult. They are really big on problem solving and overcoming objections

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be good for the position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dagsboro, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVR (Dagsboro, DE) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was certainly an undertaking, but it was very thorough and professional from start to finish.

Initially I received a phone call from the HR Dept and went through the phone interview process (spent about an hour on the phone). This interview consisted mainly of background questions followed by a brief series of behavior interview scenarios (i.e. Name an instance when you faced conflict and how you overcame it, etc.).

Following the interview I was asked to take a personality/behavioral test online and this took about an hour as well. It was just your typical behavioral questionairre.

After the initial phone interview and online test I was asked to come back for an in person interview. This was made up of a panel of interviewers (2 sales mgrs and one district mgr) and was more in depth with the behavioral inerview questions. Be prepared with some quality scenarios in mind before stepping into the interview. This panel interview took most of the morning to meet with all three panel members.

Lastly I was asked to meet with the regional VP of sales and she was a tough interviewer but things went well and finally they called to make me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to face conflict with a coworker.   1 Answer

I found a better opportunity elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Process began with an initial phone interview with recruiter for initial screening. General questions to be sure you are suitable. Once through that, invited to do a series of online assessments. If accepted beyond that - invited to a half-day of interviews with various executives. Interview with each separately. Role playing, what-if questions, background info, previous sales experience & income.

Interview Questions

• What to you want to be doing in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVR in July 2015.

Interview

I attended an information session at one of their model homes, which consisted of a brief overview of the company and the position and then one-on-one meets with one of the managers at the model. Was then contacted by HR for a phone interview. After speaking with HR, I completed online behavioral and skills testing. About a week after that, I was called for a panel interview with 3-4 members of the management team. The panel interview consisted of three 1-hour interviews. I was contacted several times after the panel interview to provide more details of my previous work history and achievements. After all of that, I was offered the position and a background investigation was conducted. The entire hiring process took about two months, from the information session to my first day of employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a challenging customer/situation and how you handled it from start to finish. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, as there is a salary during the 2-3 month training and then the position is 100% commission.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

phone with Recruter, online personaltiy quiz, in person interview with sales manager, division manager and VP, offer call from VP with offer letter about 2 weeks later. after the drug test started working about 2 weeks after that.. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .... .... .... .... ....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVR (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews about 1 hour each. They prefer luxury brand experience and commission based sales. The interviewer did not understand a draw or why a previous employer paid salary when they could pay commission. I have 10 years commission experience and often without a quota. This was unacceptable in their eyes.

Interview Questions

• They started from the back end of my resume asking about things from 15 years ago.   1 Answer