NVR Sales & Marketing Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVR Sales & Marketing Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at NVR

3.1

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews. Don't seem to really care about what you have to say. HR seemed emotionless and boring. I certainly hope the phone interviewers aren't or haven't done any selling!

They have no idea what they are doing. They hire kids with no degrees with very little sales experience yet don't hire a seasoned salesman with consistent quota hitting history. Huge joke. They will suffer in sales.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NVR

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dumfries, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NVR (Dumfries, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is long. 1st theres a phone interview. Them you get emailed a test. If you pass you get an interview. You will interview with a maximum of 3 people. They will ask you questions about how you would handle situations.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NVR (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Phone Interview and online testing prior to face to face panel interview with 3 people in upper level management (2 managers and the Division VP). Each interviewer interviewed me separately, lots of STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something on the spot.   1 Answer

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVR in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for a position outside of the state which I reside. I was contacted by a recruiter to do a phone interview, which was very easy. They asked me to fly down to interview in person with 3 managers. They were all very friendly, and asked straight forward questions. In the end I was told that they were looking for someone with more experience with mortgage loans and underwriting (even though this was not stated earlier in the process)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVR (Frederick, MD) in December 2017.

Interview

A recruiter from Ultimate Staffing reached out to me about a Loan Processor role in Frederick. Once I realized it was for a Fortune 500 company, I was ecstatic. A phone interview followed by a quiz called the PSP. Took the assessment and never heard back. I called the recruiter and he was very rude and informed me to stop calling.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

Was called by a recruiter from Contemporary Staffing who lied to me and will not return my calls. I went to an interview with NVR and the role was highly misrepresented to me. Still have not been contacted back by Victoria.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Charlotte, NC) in June 2018.

Interview

Long and thorough, extensive . Phone interview: spoke with underwriting manager —- she asked questions about different mortgage products to be sure you knew your stuff. Then an in person interview with 2 UW managers. Interview lasted about an 1 1/2 hour(s). A lot of questions pertaining to underwriting , technical , case by case scenario etc. 1 week later was offered a position , tentative on passing of background and drug test . Took about another week to complete.

Interview Questions

• Questions varied between FHA, Conventional , & VA products   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NVR (New York, NY).

Interview

They make you interview with the underwriting manager which is extremely intimidating. She's not warm, personable or inviting. She will grill you on underwriting questions and try to trip you up on your answer. I have a extensive underwriting background and was tripped up and I know 3 other underwriters who had the same as me. I'd recommend applying somewhere else if you don't mind working for a narcissist then hey go for it.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions on underwriter guidelines. Like you should remember all of them off the top of your head.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVR (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was relaxed. My Interviewers were very upfront about the atmosphere of the company and the expectation they required. The questions were direct and pertained to the position they were hiring for. Since NVR is a home builder their guidelines are a little different. They Interviewers were very informative and clear on their requirements and how the culture works there.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NVR (Reston, VA).

Interview

First round HR phone interview
    Second round HR, Technical and senior management interview in person same day

Senior manager will contact by phone for introduction and overview of the position. Manager could take technical interview during the call without giving proper heads up.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions. Technical interview process wasn't hard. Behavior interview process was insane.   Answer Question