NVR Mortgage Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVR Mortgage Underwriter Interview Questions

Interviews at NVR

4.0

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Charlotte, NC) in June 2018.

Interview

Long and thorough, extensive . Phone interview: spoke with underwriting manager —- she asked questions about different mortgage products to be sure you knew your stuff. Then an in person interview with 2 UW managers. Interview lasted about an 1 1/2 hour(s). A lot of questions pertaining to underwriting , technical , case by case scenario etc. 1 week later was offered a position , tentative on passing of background and drug test . Took about another week to complete.

Interview Questions

• Questions varied between FHA, Conventional , & VA products   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NVR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NVR (New York, NY).

Interview

They make you interview with the underwriting manager which is extremely intimidating. She's not warm, personable or inviting. She will grill you on underwriting questions and try to trip you up on your answer. I have a extensive underwriting background and was tripped up and I know 3 other underwriters who had the same as me. I'd recommend applying somewhere else if you don't mind working for a narcissist then hey go for it.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions on underwriter guidelines. Like you should remember all of them off the top of your head.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVR (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was relaxed. My Interviewers were very upfront about the atmosphere of the company and the expectation they required. The questions were direct and pertained to the position they were hiring for. Since NVR is a home builder their guidelines are a little different. They Interviewers were very informative and clear on their requirements and how the culture works there.