NWN Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NWN Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.0

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR, and video interview with head of Marketing at Corporate on the East Coast, then an in-person interview with the VP in Sacramento- which was so bad it was like being in an episode of The Office.

Interview Questions

• The VP in Sacramento never asked me a single question about my experience or qualifications- just ranted and rambled about getting evicted from their last office, former employees who have sued the company because they felt discriminated against by him, corporate restructuring, and infighting among the staff.   1 Answer

Data Center Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NWN Corporation (Sacramento, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very vague. The interviewer did not take the time to explain the role and clearly define what he was looking for in a candidate, nor describe his business challenges. Goal setting is very important. I think this hiring manager represents a company that has lost it direction and is foundering.

Desktop Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NWN Corporation (Waltham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was relaxed and awesome. We talked tech and about the things I did on a daily basis as a help desk engineer/technician including how I felt about the work I did. there was a great connection to the team lead who did the interview right away.

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NWN Corporation in September 2016.

Interview

Very long interview process, it took them forever to call me just for a phone interview, than another two weeks for a one on one, the manager was very rude however still offered me the position. Of course I declined.

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NWN Corporation in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was casual and excellent for this growing company. There are numerous opportunities in various locations for IT related implementation. Company is a Cisco gold partner and numerous other certifications.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific client customer interaction   1 Answer

Network Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NWN Corporation (Morrisville, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position on their Website. I had an initial phone screen with the recruiter, which went very well. I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager, which took all of about 5 minutes. He told me I didn't have the pre-sales experience that they were looking for. Granted lately I have been doing mostly post-sales type work, but I have plenty of experience with pre-sales in their specific industry. It was clear the hiring manager had not even read my resume prior to the call, apparently wasting both of our time. I had interviewed with this company about 5 years ago, and back then they pulled the same thing, only the opposite, you have lots of pre-sales experience and not enough post-sales. Make up your mind, which is it?

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really asked a real question in the whole 5 minutes I was on the phone with the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NWN Corporation (Sacramento, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Marvelous, spoke to two gentlemen, they expressed their needs, queried my qualifications. Described their business, and asked what my goals were. I shared where I thought I'd be most effective, and the career path I hoped to achieve. They said they planned to huddle, and arrive at their decision. I don't know how many applicants they screened.

Interview Questions

• What would be an occasion for a network to employ a virtual-link?   2 Answers

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NWN Corporation (Raleigh, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

NWN is using the new Cisco Partner Sales Academy to bring in new account managers. They contract out Accurro to do the hiring/recruiting process. It was a fairly poor process. It started in October 2012 with a initial phone interview. After that it is followed by a web interview late November (they told me this would happen the first week in November). After the first phone interview they told me that the entire process would wrap up mid November and I would know by the end of November whether or not I got the job. Now the second interview (web interview in mid november) went great except for one thing, they said the software they were using didn't record great quality and it would have to be redone. I was told this a month after the recording, 5 days before the actual interview with NWN, the Cisco partner. The web interview consisted of basic sales interview questions that you get asked in every interview. After hearing nothing for about a month about the November web interview, I get a call mid December from the recruiter saying they want to do the same web interview again because the software they used wasn't good quality. After that was completed, they told me I would move on to the last phase. This was very last minute. They sent a packet provided by Cisco on what to expect at the in person interview at NWN in Raleigh, North Carolina. It would consist of a technical assessment, which was over 50 pages of Cisco material. You do not need to know 95% of it for the technical assessment. The assessment is very basic (which is faster a LAN or a WAN)...very simple. The next step was a basic interview with the VP of sales within NWN. This was very basic and the questions are the same they ask you in every sales interview (when did you have conflict with a coworker? How did you resolve it? What is the most important issue when dealing with a customer? how do you handle objections?) It was really nothing new. Just know the 5-7 basic sales interview questions that every company asks. Third was a roleplay. This was very unorganized and it was also done in front of a NWN manager. Finally you must do a presentation. Mine was on "the trend of bringing your own device to work". All of these were done in the same day at NWN - the tech. assessment, the interview, the roleplay and the presentation. The managers at NWN were unorganized and unprepared for any of this. This gave NWN a very unprofessional impression upon me. They had not looked at the Cisco packet until that morning when they flipped through it in front of us. We came more prepared then them and it seems as if we knew more about the packet and there was a disconnect. Overall it was a very long process that took a month longer than expected. Everything was very last minute with Accuro giving you no time to prepare for the "assessment center". The employees and office atmosphere seemed very dull at NWN and it seems like everyone was simply sitting around. The company looked like a dull place to work.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, like I said they use the same basic questions every sales company has been using for the past 10 years. "tell me a time when you had to convince a group of people that your idea was better?" "tell me about a time you faced objection?" "How do you go about building a customer base?"   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NWN Corporation (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in July 2013.

Interview

Got the interview appointment by email.
    The software development lead interviewed me. Some middle level technical questions were asked. Not too difficult questions. Then I waited 2 weeks and called in order to know the result, and my positive action helpped me to get the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you improve the database performance?
      Describe the major projects you have worked on.   Answer Question